on 1 October 2016
At first, I didn't really like it and nearly gave up on it more than once:
(1) it is a story about teenagers;
(2) it felt like it was written by a teenager; and
(3) there are numerous errors in spelling, grammar, tense and just plain old, the wrong word (e.g. conscious instead of conscience)
but for some reason, I persisted.
Haven't yet decided if I will try book two.
on 18 July 2013
Really loved this book and came straight back to buy the rest of the series as I couldn't wait to see how it would pan out. I really like this author's writing style - although it is in the YA fantasy genre, character development is realistic and relatable, plotlines are intriguing and I was so hooked I started each book within minutes of finishing the last (although I AM very impatient !).

I particularly like the interaction between American and British characters and the way the author captures the little nuances and mannerisms that distinguish between them. If you haven't read any of Rachel Higginson's books this is a really good place to start.
on 28 June 2016
So gutted I have finished but I have downloaded the next book. Couldn't put this book down from the first few pages to the last. Magic, witches and so much more all bound together with more than a bit of love it made my Heart throb don't you just love a good story!
on 18 July 2013
This definitely gets 5 stars. I got it free and had never read anything that Rachel Higginson had written so to be honest, I wasn't expecting it to be much. Talk about being surprised, what an incredible writer ! This book is such an easy read and has you hooked from the word go. I loved it so much and wanted to know the rest of the story so had to buy the next in the series and then the next and the next. What a story and what wonderful characters. Well done Miss Higginson and keep them coming.
on 6 April 2012
I got this book about a month ago when it was free but not started reading it but once I started, it was a great book, I couldn't put it down.. Had quite a few twist and surprises.. Well worth the read... As soon as I finished I brought th second in the series.
on 21 April 2014
Great Book, fantastic read couldn't put it down. Can't wait to read the next installment. Should have put them altogether so you could read them all without interuption
on 30 March 2013
Amazing I really enjoyed the book . The ending was amazing like everything else the author is truly marvellous I love the book read it it is truly fabulous

Ruby x x x
on 27 February 2017
I had this book in my kindle collection to read for a while not sure whether to read it. However I can honestly say I really did enjoy it. The characters are likeable and you can feel their emotions. I love the fact this is so different. We have twins, who are the main characters. One brought up in the human world called Eden and one brought up in the paranormal world called Avalon. Eden is actually no damsel but strong willed with a touch of sarcasm. Avalon is fearless and fights for what he believes right. Two special children from mixed heritage parents. Lots of twists and turns to the story including with Kiren who is the crowned prince. Recommended
on 16 March 2012
I downloaded this book for free and absolutely loved it. It's a YA book, and I'm not a Young Adult, but I do enjoy good YA and I enjoyed this. The characters were believable, you wanted to know what would happen next and it romped along at a good old pace. It is school based to begin with and definitely fantasy, so don't pick it up expecting a grown up heavy read. The romance was mixed up with the magic so I didn't find it too schmaltzy. Great, if you like this genre. Try it! I'm off to download the next book.
on 7 March 2012
What a great idea to make the first book free, it encouraged me to try it and by midway I was hooked. I have now read all four books in quick succession and it is a great story with lots of amazing characters and a wealth of detail and experiences.
There are many typo errors like poor grammar and misspelt words in places. Also the additional words here and there, where the author has obviously reworded a sentence but forgotten to remove the old wording completely. These are just editing errors and whilst annoying will not detract from your enjoyment of this amazing story.
Originally written for young adults, as was The Twilight Saga of Stephanie Meyer, but, like that series, this story will enthrall all ages. I personally am 73 and loved the books, can't wait for Ms Higginson to write more...hopefully with better proofreading!! I'm available if she needs someone !! BUY ALL FOUR DOWNLOADS, YOU WILL BE ENCHANTED AND ENTHRALLED.