Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 20 May 2013
Absolutely love The Middle - thought it was going to be something like 'Malcolm in the Middle' but it is not. Fresh family humour and not performed in front of an audience, so no annoying canned laughter. Great series.
on 30 January 2011
I was pretty disappointed when Neil Flynn left Scrubs (just one of many reasons the ninth season is so bad), but he is definitely at his best in this show. Patricia Heaton (Everybody Loves Raymond, Back to You) is also excellent in it. I would actually rate it a little higher than Modern Family, as the documentary style of that show grates at times. Also, while the characters in Modern Family might be "modern", they're not typical, unlike the Hecks.
33 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 December 2012
I am a massive fan of Patricia Heaton, who plays the "Mom" in this DVD set. I loved her portrayal of Debra, ( Ray Romero's wife in the "Everybody loves Raymond" sitcom ). For my money ,she's the best actress in the world ( bar none ). Anyway,..I've only got about half way through "The middle season",..and although it is quirky,..and well written,..I don't rate it as good as the "Raymond " box set. However,..I know it'll grow on me,once I've seen the rest of the box set,..and I've identified more with the characters. The little boy in the series is both endearing,..and hilarious !.
on 3 May 2014
The Middle is 1 of our family favourite programmes. We have watched all episodes several times & now have bought them on dvd. We all find it hilarious, they are a family most people can probably relate to. Love all the characters for different reasons. I have genuinely enjoyed every single episode from all the series and my 8 year old daughter is the same. They make me cry with laughter, & also cry at the heartwarming lovely family stories that u see. We love The Hecks :)
on 6 December 2013
In my opinion one of the three great TV series-(I wont tell you the other two-that's just opinion I guess)-acting, timing, script, characters -are perfection-Americans can laugh at themselves and portray losers -and very well. Sue Heck is a well-intentioned, kind, but disastrous and clumsy girl who always misses out-but done in a very funny way-maybe she's my favourite, but they all interact hilariously-a high point of tv comedy!
on 29 December 2013
I reluctantly started watching The Middle whilst having my evening meal many months ago, it being the mealtime choice of my daughter. I loved it! As of this Christmas I'm now the owner of both series one and two and have to admit to watching episodes 1-8 from the first series back to back yesterday whilst having a pj's day on the sofa with the dog.
on 9 June 2012
I don't know why it strikes a chord with us...but the daughter and I watch it... (the husband and the son don't). We've already ordered Season 2 and wondering when Season 3 will be available. Love it. Fast delivery time..if it came via the states no kerfuffle with customs, must be under the radar as it was cheap. xx
on 7 February 2013
Eccentric sit-com tv show about the dysfunctional Heck family in Indiana and how they deal with the stress of everyday living. Anyone who has had lived with a teenager will appreciate the absurdity and frustration the family endures! It is brilliantly acted and laugh out loud funny.
on 6 May 2012
Brilliant DVD filled with loads of laughs Patricia Heaton, Neil Flynn, Eden Sher, Charlie McDermott and Atticus Shaffer are amazing, the Hecks are easy to relate to, I can't wait for the Season 2 DVD to come out. Delivery was great it arrived very fast.
on 9 April 2013
Not quite as innovating as "Modern Family", but a really nice family show with a little ( but not too much ) over-acting.
Nice thing about it is that the jokes are never too far fetched or too subtle, so the whole family get's to enjoy it.