on 15 March 2014
I've bought quite a number of such cables from various sources (Amazon, eBay and other third-party sites). Many of them can't carry the full 2.0A of current which phone and tablet requires, resulting in slow/no charging. The one "good" cable that I had came loose (at the micro B end) within a couple of days.

This Belkin cable is perfect. I've been using it for almost 3 weeks now, and they work as advertised, while maintaining a secure fit. It charges quickly and even works transferring data over USB. One side of the Micro B end is even ridged so that I can plug it into my phone in the dark.

USB cables are probably one of those items which you don't want to skimp on and you really get what you pay for. Sometimes, it really is worth the extra you pay for a brand name like Belkin!
on 21 April 2014
I ordered this cable from Amazon itself and it arrived in the standard Belkin sealed plastic box. I have used the cable for just over a week now with my Moto G phone. The Micro B connector appears to be of poor quality and does not fit into the phone socket at all well in that it is very difficult to insert - I've tried a couple of other (shorter) cables with Micro B connectors and they slip in easily. Maybe I received a duff one, but with the Belkin brand label I expected better.

I've since changed my review from 3 to 1 stars because the quality of the Micro B connector is so poor. I'm going to stop using it because I think it will damage the socket on the phone.
on 14 August 2014
I bought two of these at the same time. One has stopped working after 2 months moderate use. Micro usb end seems quite wobbly. Other Belkin cable received at the time working fine as are other non-Belkin cables, so maybe just a duff one. Amazon won't replace after 30 days so have contacted Belkin by email to see if I can get it replaced.

Edit: Belkin say they will replace the faulty cable but you have to send back the old cable via courier which is more hassle than accepting the £3 loss
Edit 2: The second cable has stopped working another couple of months in.

Based on my experiences above I would say the quality of these cables is not very good and not what I would expect from a Belkin product.
on 21 January 2014
I have a Samsung phone (Samsung Ativ S) and both the original lead and its replacement failed to charge the phone properly. The problem was that both leads were loose in the phone socket and kept disconnecting. The Belkin lead fits perfectly and it charges perfectly. For the first time ever I can pick the phone up and use it when it is charging (without it ceasing to charge). The longer lead is also an advantage.
on 17 January 2016
Does not connect effectively, rendered useless after a couple of weeks.

Tried it on several devices and had the same effect. Wiggle the cable and it might connect, but it's a poor fit on every device I have tried it on while other cables I have work fine. Very disappointing as I thought Belkin was a reliable manufacturer. Clearly not the case.
on 19 November 2013
This is as you would expect a quality item from Belkin that fits securely and positively which not all of the leads do. It will not slip out like other leads if you are using the item whilst charging that can be very frustrating.
I have bought others but came back to Belkin and will stay with the brand from now on.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 December 2013
Bought two of these as charging / data cables for Blackberry and Samsung phones, Kindle Fire, Nexus and they work really well. Good length (6ft in old money), well made with a solid plastic grip at the micro-USB end. Good price too - thoroughly recommended
on 17 October 2015
Bought a few and they are great to have lying around the house. Superb length and never had any wear from them over the year or so I've owned them.
Will buy more of this cable without any thought.
on 11 June 2014
I wanted to purchase something that would last so thought that a Belkin USB cable would be ok. The product looked pretty decent when first out of the box, but sadly didn't work. I contacted Amazon to complain and they emailed the seller for me. All seemed to be going fine with the exchange, if a little drawn out, but the day after they asked when I would be in to make a collection and delivery of the faulty item, they told me that I now have to contact the manufacturer to replace the faulty item!
I also purchased a couple of really cheap USB cables and they are working!

Don't waste your time, money or effort with this!
on 27 May 2014
Usual good quality product as expected from Belkin, but the packaging!!!

I realise that the items supplied were in Retail packs, but why does the packaging have to be so over the top - very rigid plastic, hard to open and not recyclable where I live.

Had it not been for the packaging I would have rated it at 5-star.

Still, would recommend product for others seeking such a cable.