Customer reviews

on 7 November 2014
Much like the first, a third-person shooter with a heavy emphasis on getting behind cover unless you want your head to turn into thick yogurt. I got this game because I felt that I didn't have enough games for my Xbox 360 and I wanted to broaden my collection. After playing through the first, I naturally thought of getting the rest, starting with this! - It's very consistent with what the previous game put forward in terms with the cover shooting, the co-op features (Online and Off) but it adds more on top of it (What you expect from a sequel) such as a wider variety of weapons, more collectibles, faster movement (sprint faster, forever), additional cinematic sequences and many more enemies. I'm a happy chappy and easily pleased for the most part but the issues I have with this game come within the bloody turret sequences, which can often be connected with the cinematic parts of the game and sweet jesus they got me frustrated. Bearing in mind that I chose to play on Hardcore difficulty these were not fun and a lot of that can come down to the way bullets go through the air in this game (the velocity). The bullets have a delay between shooting and hitting which may sound pretty obvious but if you're coming from the first you're gonna notice a sharp differance. Put that with turret segments when you're trying to shoot Reevers down and you're going to have a bad time :P But that's the only thing I felt negative about and that;s just me. The game is noticeably built to focus more on co-op play which can be suggested from one of the turret sections where there's two turrets, so naturally I go on one *get destroyed on repeat* and wonder why the friendly a.i won't just take the helm of the second instead of standing there witnessing my countless failures. It's a joy to play, trust me but if you're playing on the hardest difficulty (I wasn't) I can imagine it'll make you wish you had a friend on occasion Hehe. FYI: it has a much better story than the first, it's also a lot darker in tone so don't expect rainbows coming out of anyones arse. That is all :)
on 26 May 2011
really good game , lot of fun!
And a very good price including a DLC for all extra MP maps!
on 27 January 2013
I bought this along with Halo 4 and an XBOX 360 console a month ago and i still haven't had Halo 4 out of its case as yet as this is a absolute classic game and hard to put down. Can't wait to complete it so as i can purchase Gears Of War 3 and probably keep Halo 4 in its case a while longer.
on 16 April 2014
Campaign ok to little characters for multiplayer hate the"defend the massive vehicle" part in act 2 or 3 but online good connection what I like most is war zone like teamdeathmatch with a twist where if you die no respawn overall is a should buy with miner flaws.
on 6 March 2013
good cheap game alot more expensive any where else,got for my son for christmas he loves it and played most days on it
on 15 April 2013
Was expecting a bit more out of it. Did not take me that long to finish, in Hardcore mode, however still enjoyable.
on 26 November 2014
This is the best game ever made buy it.
on 9 January 2016
Great game and running on a xbox one
on 21 January 2015