on 8 September 2011
I didn't know such a thing even existed until recently, and I have over 100 floppy disks that I felt were useless. Yet, with this Floppy Disk Drive I have just spent a happy and nostalgic afternoon looking through long forgetten files and photos stored on my old floppy disks.

Using this device could not be easier. I just plugged it in a USB port, and that was it. Ready to go. Put a floppy disk in and could click on the files to see what was on it, and even transfer items to my computer (which I can now make copies of on to a CD and store them that way). Strangely, I also tried storing some new files on the floppy disks, and that works as well. So, if you want a floppy disk facility, as we always used to have on computers, then I can really recommend this product.
on 12 December 2011
Whilst clearing box files the other day I came across about a hundred old floppy disks. Before junking them I thought I should just check through them and remove any personal information. Looking around the computers in the house, including ones that had been stored "just in case", none of them had floppy disk drives. When did that happen? So on to Amazon and chose the Trixes, as it was one of the cheapest and at a price that I would not complain if none of the disks had anything that needed to be wiped.
Well it came and I spent a couple of days working through the disks, finding old stuff that I had forgotten about and was surprised how old some files were (1993!). All interesting items have been painlessly transferred to a USB memory stick. I now have a pile of blank floppy disks having reformatted them all.
The disks are still waiting to go in the bin, but if I do have a rush of blood to the head and want to use any I have a great little disk drive that will work on any of the PCs, Laptops and Notebooks we seemed to have amassed.
on 6 December 2011
I am using two computers, one running Windows XP with which this floppy drive works fine, just plug and play, the other running Windows 7.
Windows 7 will not recognise this drive so all "and above" Windows users beware.
on 10 December 2013
Works exactly as expected, plugged in, automatically detected, drivers installed, job done.

Works perfectly on both a windows XP sp3 x86 PC and a Windows 7 sp1 x64 laptop.

Have had no problems with the drive working both in native windows and virtual PC, have in fact used the drive to install DOS 6 and windows 3.11 into a virtual PC environment.

No problems with recognising disks as long as they have different Volume labels, disks with no labels or same labels can cause some issues, but that can happen with internal floppy drives too, it's not a problem with this drive, it's down to the way the OS detects and handles removable media.

Overall very happy with my purchase.
on 17 September 2011
Great price,great product and excellent service! Perfect! If you need one of these input devices then this is the perfect choice.
on 5 May 2012
Works perfectly and plays my old floppy disks as hoped. At first it might appear that the PC doesnt recognise the device, I had this problem, but I simply clicked on the my computer tab and there it was, just waiting to be started. Great price and worked perfectly to retrieve data , that I had stored on the disks.
on 15 August 2012
I had some problems getting this working on Windows 7 machines and indeed a Linux one too, It would just want to format a disk then tell you it cant format, But for some reason (And I really can't see why) it works perfectly on my main system which runs Windows 7, The only real difference being, My main is a desktop, the others laptops, Not sure if that's significant though.

It will do what I need, But I can't give it 5 starts as it seems luck of the draw as to whether it works for you.
on 15 November 2012
Received some vital data - on a floppy disc! No floppy drives in any lap-top or other computer so purchased the TRIXES. Arrived next day but lap-top wouldn't detect it nor were there any drivers for Windows 7 on the mini CD supplied and couldn't find a driver on t'internet. Tried it on a net-book also running Windows 7 (starter) and it worked perfectly!! So all OK but seems a bit dodgy on the 'XP and above' claim.....
on 2 December 2011
Really is value for money - sturdy, slim and looks the part.
Comes with a set-up / program disc which we didn't need as it was simply 'plug and play' !
Actually makes less noise than the old Floppy Disc Drives did that were fitted in your PC - has the usual green light and reject buttons on the front and ample length of cable for connecting to your USB port.
Had ours on and was trawling through piles of old discs for over 3hrs and this unit took it all in its stride and didn't even get warm to the touch.
Very pleased with it - excellent value and quality - recommend it to anyone looking for such a drive !
Arrived quickly and in time to do the job I needed it for. Good quality - item is both slim, sturdy whilst quiet for a disc-drive and also excellent value for money - recommended !
on 13 October 2011
Excellent service. Great to be able to recover about 70% of my files held on floppy disks. The other 30% were corrupted - but that's to be expected after 15 years! Discovery of two photos of my grandson made the low price a real bargain.