Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Ed Sheeran on Amazon Music Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 December 2016
WonderLand is exactly that how this only lasted a month on broadway, is lunacy why is it as I have said before Wildhorn Never Gets The Credit he deserves not, many composers can take you on a musical quest from the Overture to the last note in fact I can only think of 4 other composers, that have done this Chris Miller ( Tuck Everlasting), Dana P Rowe ( The Witches Of Eastwick), Andrew Lippa ( Big Fish), Lucy Simon ( Doctor Zhivago.) these have all had the same impact which is listening to them again and again and again, although the Lyrics by Jack Murphy need a little tweak only Fanatics like myself will notice it's a bit off lyricallly, every so often and a little repeative at times in songs like The Mad Tea Party but you can forgive this because the book is, so strong and it's such a breath of fresh air it's funny, witty, sad and a little bit sinsister, my favourite songs have to be One Knight, The Mad Hatter, Home, Though The Looking Glass and Finding Wonderland. A must have for any Wildhorn SuperFans like Myself A Forgotten Unsung MasterPiece.
on 20 May 2011
I only discovered this musical because Amazon recommended it to me as I signed in. My curiosity aroused, I went for a little youtube hunt and immedaitely found myself back here purchasing it!

Wonderland is fantastic! I am shocked that it is off Broadway after so short a time there - it didn't deserve to go. The music has everything one could want. Some beautiful lyrical pieces, crazy catchy pieces, and invogorating driving pieces. I would pay the full price just for "I Will Prevail" - it is amazing! (Okay, I wouldn't really - that would be insane, but I adore that song!) The pieces also work well out of context - you could basically put them on your iPod, shuffle it, and not be confused when a song comes up, which is a plus in my opinion.

If I could shake Amazon's hand for recommending this to me, I would. I wouldn't have known it existed otherwise - a definite 5 stars!
on 20 May 2011
I must say up front that I like Frank Wildhorn's music, so this new musical does it for me. Great melodies, along with a couple of duets too.
It's such a pity that the critics didn't like the storyline when it opened in Broadway, so this CD may be the only way we will hear the great music.
on 22 October 2011
Absolutely love this CD. I'd never even heard of Wonderland until it came up on Amazon however once I'd had a listen to the demo tracks on the Broadway website I was sold and had to have it. Every track has a purpose to push the story forward - the tracks have different styles so there's something for everyone from ballads to up-beat all with wonderful lyrics which bring Alice in Wonderland alive. This really is excellent and definitely a match for Wicked.
on 4 January 2014
This was bought for my son as he is a music teacher and likes all types of music, as it helps with his
teaching.
on 11 June 2016
Can't wait till it comes back on stage
on 3 January 2016