Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.29

on 8 July 2012
My friend recently took up tarot reading as a hobby, so I thought I'll gift her tarot reading book to help her on her way. I've found many such books but they seemed far too complicated. This book however, is written in plain english and easy to follow, was perfect. It covers all the key aspects of tarot reading, explains the symbols, approach on how to learn tarot reading and general rules. The concept of learning tarots through stories, as presented in this book, is great idea and makes the understanding easier. Overall, the book is short but sweet. Highly recommended for budding tarot readers.
on 19 July 2012
I bought a set of Tarot cards many years ago and tried to learn all the meanings but gave up and haven't touched them for years. I have just dug them out again as I think this book is going to really help.

The stories are a brilliant way of remembering all the different meanings, it really helps to put the cards into context. The book is very easy to read and written well, so you can fly through it.

A very creative way of using a memory aid technique to help remember tarot cards.
on 19 January 2014
I have read and re-read this short book (and will undoubtedly read several more times) it is the first learning tool that has, as of yet, stuck in my mind!!!!!

I have been trying to learn to read my Tarot cards for years on and off with quite limited success as I tend to 'zone out' with traditional books, only really ingesting very limited information.

Well done Ian, if you every have the inclination to bring out another book on the subject, I for one would be very interested!!
on 10 July 2012
This book was just what I needed to learn Tarot fast and easily! It's well written without mystical jargon and the short stories are a huge help to memorize the cards and their meanings. I'm now confident and looking forward to putting this all into practice at our local summer fair where il be telling fortunes using the techniques in this great little book!. Id recommend to anyone interested in learning tarot in a non complicated way.
on 10 January 2014
As a complete beginner to tarot I was overwhelmed by the range of books available with different ideas on what each tarot card represents, this book is a fast and easy way to become familiar with the cards so that you can then go on to develop your own understanding with a foundation built from following the stories in this book.

I would definitely recommend to beginners, the writing style is easy to follow and the author is very clear and concise with regard to the purpose of this book
on 20 August 2016
This is a fine book to get a quick overview of the tarot, and I bought his other book on spreads.
However, I was very annoyed to find the promised book:
the ad. said: 'And just to make sure you have everything you need to fully enjoy learning Tarot, by purchasing this book you get a FREE download link to a companion book: "Easy Tarot Reference: 78 Cards Explained" '
Had a link to an expired web-site (for sale) which had no download link. I thought this was dishonest.

Having said this, the book is a quick and clear introduction to the tarot, avoiding too many confusing details and would have been 5 stars but for the misleading promise.
on 13 July 2014
It's impossible to learn Tarot in a day. It's impossible to learn the meaning of all 72 cards. In a day. I only wish it was true. The author is also heavily promoting other books about the Tarot which there would be no need to do if his own book can do the job. There is even a book there which say's you can learn it in an hour which is poppycock.
If you are interested in the Tarot, go ahead and learn it but do not place too much faith in these books
on 25 March 2014
I enjoyed this book..even though I have an understanding of Tarot this is excellent encouragement for beginners..It gives a great insight into the cards via stories that really help you remember..for me the Court Cards always present problems..this book really helps..I would recommend this book for anyone interested in reading Tarot cards......Excellent..!!
on 5 September 2012
I received a set of tarot cards as a gag Christmas gift, but I didn't see them as a joke; I was actually determined to learn how to read tarot cards and amaze everyone! Then I forgot about them. I found the cards the other day and decided that now was the time to learn, so I bought this Kindle book. I learned quite a lot very quickly, especially about the art of tarot reading for myself. It's not about seeing the future, but about looking into your subconscious and reading what's already there; it's about intuition and symbolic meaning. It's quite simple really, and a fascinating subject. At the moment I'm on the part of the book dealing with the major and minor arcana cards. Brilliant!
on 16 February 2013
I must have read over thirty different tarot books drawn out and mind boggling. But Ian has done a great job in putting tarot into everyday language. I am a very hands on person so this easy reading style of putting card meanings into practical scenario stories helped immensely to gain a better understanding of reading the tarot