on 30 July 2017
Love this book! Looking forward to making these little birds!
on 17 March 2014
Brilliant little book with lots of lovely ideas which can also be adapted.I cannot wait to start.The peacock looks the first likely character.
on 31 August 2010
This beautifully illustrated little book is worthy of coffee-table status. It is packed with very pretty ideas all based on a bird theme. There are lots of adaptable ideas e.g. a wreath which can easily be bird-free and done in different colours etc...which makes this book quite inspiring. My local craft group were really taken with it. It was smaller than I imagined- I had planned to give this as a present but it was a bit teeny, so I gave myself the excuse to keep it myself.

If you like making things, you love reading craft blogs, you are looking for inspiration and you want a beautiful book on your coffee/bedside table/bookcase...this book is for you.
on 19 September 2010
Absolutely delightful book - one of the best craft books I possess. Gorgeous things to make and very clear templates and instructions.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 11 August 2010
Which little birdie will be your favourite? Over two dozen lovely birds to choose from for all manner of uses. Make mobiles, use them for a collection, great for gifts and party presents. Use the embroidered birds to embellish purses and wallets, notebooks etc. Super details and easy to follow instructions with templates included. There is not one thing I do not like about this book. It's wonderful. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book reviews.
on 14 November 2010
This is a small book but has many ideas that can inspire the creative type!
I would class myself as a fairly decent fine artist but one who cannot sew, knit, crochet or anything to do with material-I have no idea where to start or the terms used but, this book gave me an insight into creating very cute, quirky and appealing projects. It is easy to understand and I have already made (very roughly a few hours after the book was delivered) one of the designs (although I know I need much more practise with a needle). The designs are fairly straight forward to follow but the outcome will definately depend on your skills (and patience). I have always wanted to turn some of my paintings into a material based art form but was too nervous to try and with this book it has allowed me to understand some techniques and start experimenting -
P.S. if you like this and you're a beginner too, have a look at the book 'Felties' both books are a recommended good start to your collection! Felties
This book features 26 projects involving birds from soft toy birds to embroidery involving birds in the design there is something for everyone. The book incorporates techniques such as quilting and embroidery but the projects are suitable for beginners. Some of the birds are decorative and others, like the Bird on Branch Make Up bag or little birds quilt, are functional.

Each project has the instructions broken down into a few different steps, from getting the necessary equipment together before you start to cutting the fabric and constructing the bird itself. What I love is that at the start of each project there is a little biography of the contributor along with links to their website/blog/shop so that you can find out more about them, or buy one of the birds if you don't want to make it yourself.

This review first appeared on The Sewing Directory website.
on 6 January 2013
Oh dear! The trouble is that the templates for your patterns at the back of this book need enlarging by 200 per cent so unless you have access to a photocopier.
on 18 August 2012
This little book has some very good and unusual ideas. Lovely for a change. The only problem I have with the book is all templates have to be enlarged by 200 and 400%. Its great if you have a printer to do this for you. I am using the templates the size they are in the book and so my cuddly little friends are so much smaller than suggested. I would rather have paid a little more for the book to get some reasonable sized templates.
on 3 June 2012
I read a short review of this book in a craft magazine and was able to 'look inside' on Amazon. The projects and layout of the book had great appeal though since receiving the book I think there are only a few things I would make. Several of the designs are too contemporary for my personal taste and seem rather fiddly although they will appeal to anyone who likes using bird designs/motifs. I may still have a go at making them although it would have been nice to have known before I purchased the book. It probably wouldn't have stopped me buying it however, as there are certainly some projects I will be trying out. Many of them use small pieces of felt or other fabrics and would be a good way of using up those scraps we are reluctant to throw away. Each project features the designer and gives a little background information on them including contacts and web sites. It may be more useful if the patterns were larger but although they are squeezed into a few pages they are clearly labelled. Almost all of them require 200% enlargement and this is more straight forward than some other similar books I have.