Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Depeche Mode Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Size: Medium|Colour: Black|Change
Price:£49.14 - £99.95

on 13 January 2013
I bought this jacket during the last cold snap and it is really warm. It would be even better if it were a little longer, but the bits it covers are toasty. I am delighted with the quality of this jacket. It has nice little touches like the zip being covered so you don't feel cold metal against your chin when you zip up, and soft lining to make the pockets feel cozy. The sizing is a little snug, so I would suggest buying the next size up, especially if you want to put a thick jumper under it.
on 25 January 2013
Given the substantial snowfall and temperatures in the minuses we have been having, I decided to buy a down jacket to keep me warm, toasty and sung. I have worn this jacket several times now (in the snow) and this is my very honest opinion.

Pros

(1) Excellent quality overall and keeps me extremely warm - outstanding warmth factor. I walk around happily, in my own 'cocoon' of warmth - pun intended! The 50% down + 50% feather filling/lining does its job at insulating me wonderfully, I cannot fault this jacket to that end. In fact, it is so warm I have gone out in the snow with just a couple of light layers under this jacket and been toasty warm (the jacket is that good). Also, the filling is not too bulky.

(2) Fantastic workmanship (as expected from Trespass) - 3 waterproof zips (main zip and 2 x pockets); warm lining inside the pockets and around the neck (I love this extra touch); draw cord at hem; one lightweight mesh internal pocket; sleeves have Velcro tab adjusters and additionally build in fabric cuffs which is great for preventing drafts. There is real attention to detail here which separates this from other down jackets.

(3) Zip off hood - I like the fact the hood can be removed completely so when the weather improves I do NOT have a jacket with a hood permanently attached.

(4) Very lightweight.

(5) Fitted style - I like that it comes in a little at the waist making it look a little more feminine.

(6) Water resistant - I have not tested it in a downpour but I have been out when it has been actively snowing and spitting and had no problems from a waterproof perspective.

Cons

(1) PRICE. According to Amazon review guidelines I am not allowed to provide "details about availability, price, or alternate ordering/shipping". I can state that I think the jacket is a bit expensive (I bought mine in the sale). Nonetheless, this is a high quality jacket and you get what you pay for in life, in my experience.

(2) SIZING. I bought a size XS and I am normally size 8/10. I already have a Trespass jacket I bought last year in a size small where the bust size measure the SAME as this XS. I have found the SIZING to be GENEROUS, not small as others have stated.

In fact, before ordering I got the bust measurements and they are as follows:

S - chest 103cm (40.5"), length 62.5cm;

M - chest 108cm (42.5"), length 64cm.

Based on this I decided to opt for XS, and I measure this as:

XS - chest 94cm (37"), length 61cm.

Yes these are external measurements and it will be slightly smaller internally, particularly given the slight bulk of the 'internal filling' itself. However, even if I subtract an inch, a 36" bust is still ample for a XS, and I can wear a jumper and it still fits me. I just do not want someone ordering the wrong size inadvertently based on the reviews. Also, in my opinion, a down jacket should be fitted, otherwise you may end up looking like a marshmallow man!

(3) HOOD SIZE. This was the biggest disappointment for me because it seems the hood sizes vary with the jacket size ordered [i.e. small size with small hood, big size with big hood] - IF the reviews are correct. Another reviewer who bought a size XL, has stated they can wear their hood over a woolly hat/mountain helmet. Personally, in my case, it barely comes over my head fully, not covering my forehead properly but just about functions as a hood (just, at a stretch)....and no I do not have a big head (ahem!...pun not intended this time!). It measures, down the midline, from zip attachment at the back to the front edge = 17.5". However, the jacket itself is so great that I kept it despite the small hood!

OVERALL: Extremely happy with the jacket itself, except the hood issue, it keeps me extremely warm and to that end I can recommend this jacket to others.

Disclaimer: This is not an Amazon purchase. Nonetheless, this is my very honest review of this jacket.
on 13 March 2013
The jacket was clearly not XL - I'm not sure if it was this particular jacket or the jackets are all undersized.
on 20 November 2013
Great fit - got a large, and I'm a size 10/12 (fairly athletic build)- and there's plenty of room for a jumper underneath without being baggy. It's warm, looks like solid construction and a good length to ensure my lower back stays warm too. It arrived earlier than expected too, so good service as well.
on 8 February 2013
This jacket was absolutely wonderful. It fitted perfectly and was completely snug in all dimensions. Regretfully, I returned it because the electric turquoise had an alarming effect on my complexion. It's not the fault of the jacket that it reflected onto my face and caused me to look deathly. A warm rose or soft rust colour would have been perfect. A bronzed person would look good in it. I'm just too pale in the winter. Viewed objectively it deserves 5 stars.
on 9 October 2016
The jacket is very nice, cosy but not bulky or heavy. I normally buy a small but after reviewing other customers' comments about the fit being small I bought a medium and it its perfectly. The jacket is good value for money and I would recommend it but caution buy a larger than you normally buy.
on 23 July 2012
This is a very nice jacket, I can't wait to be able to wear it. I live in Finland and it can be very cold at winter time. This jacket is warm, water resistant and it looks nice. Also it is not heavy like some winter jackets!
on 9 August 2013
If you are buying the size XL and you are more than a very small size 14 DO NOT buy! you will just have to have the expense, Like I had, of sending it back because it is miles to small!! I notice they are made in CHINA, so, maybe in CHINA it WOULD be an XL but not here in the UK, very very annoyed!! and will never deal with this company again!
on 25 June 2012
Great Jacket. Warm and comfy on even the coldest days of winter. Lovely large hood can be worn over a woolly hat or mountain helmet.
on 11 November 2011
im going to be wearing my jacket for the first in scotland in a weeks time but it feels very warm & snug if it gets any colder i will be testing it out sooner plus the delivery was great only took two days

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling