on 27 November 2007
This was one of the first albums that I bought from this site, but I wanted the album for ages and couldn't get it until I got myself a debit card! I purchased their second album 'The young and the hopeless' way back in 2003 when I was 13 years old and I though from that moment that this band was awesome! That album is still my favourite album from GC, it is the ultimate punk-rock album. The 3rd album was a little dissapointing but still had great songs like 'We believe' and 'Mountain'. The more I listen to that album, the more I can respect it, but definetly not an under 14's album. The latest album 'Good morning revival' has such a fresh sound and is about 'hope for the future' as Benji says in the thank you's.

What about this album?! This was their first album where they wrote material about how hard their lives were before being in the band and this is easily seen in 'Little things'. My favourite track on this album was the 1 that I bought it for 'Festival song' - a brilliant anthem and part 1 of 'The anthem' from their 2nd album. I was actually expecting a bit of an immature sound from this debut and that is what I got! They are all straight-up pop rock/punk. There are no moods created or anything, except in the bonus emotional track 'Thankyou mom' which is meaningful and not like the others, not that the others aren't meaningful, but this one creates more of a somber mood like on the 2nd album's 'Emotionless'. This is a good album and it is definetly worth purchasing, but you will not be very interested in it if you are over 20. In fact if you are over 20 - buy the new album! It's a mazing to see how much these guys matured in their music by 'TY and TH'. That is a great album and is far better than this one, so if you want to buy one GC album it should definetly be that one! The tunes were so much better and more punk rock than pop rock, which is definetly more to my taste, friendly punk. I have given this 3 stars where I would give the 2nd album 5 stars easily. GC were just a little immature and were wanting to have more ofa pop sound, which is ironic seeing as they grew up with Minor threat, Social distortion and The beastie boys. My conclusion is that it's a great debut, but probably their worst album next to 'The chronicles...' because it was so dark. This one is anything but dark - its definetly more for the schoolkids though.
on 20 January 2017
Great music. Support the artist by buying their CDs. Do not download Illegally.
on 20 June 2016
good recording with some good songs
on 16 December 2013
This is the first G.C. album I have bought after my 'greatest hits' foray. I was not disappointed. All killer - no filler!
on 12 June 2012
This is album is awesome. You will not be disappointed. Every song is superb!! Go on buy it!! What your ears were designed for!!
on 14 January 2014
Product arrived the next day, i'm absolutely shocked! I paid for the 3-5 day delivery. Extremely pleased, i'm a huge GC fan and this is in excellent condition apart from a few barely noticeable scuffs on the case.
on 21 January 2004
I can't belive how musically talented these guys are- I must say the first time I heard them was with "lifestyles of the rich and the famous" and I thought it was a really cool song and I dessided to get their album "Young and the hopeless", I was instantly hooked a mix of rock, punk and emotion so i dessided to give this album a try to and its AMAZING!! Well worth getting- Good charlotte are so musically gifted and write turn to life and amazing songs- amazing guys- get BOTH albums!!!
on 19 October 2003
I heard some tracks from "The Young and the Hopeless" and was instantly hooked on Good Charlotte, they are an impressive band, playing their own instruments and writing their own songs, which in my opinion completely voids them from being classed as gimicky and avril-esque.
GC have an impressive background touring with Blink 182 and Lit, so give them some well earned respect.
One of the things I have been disappointed to see however, is how the record company chooses to market GC; they are always portrayed as posers and pretty boys, it should be just about the music in my opinion, otherwise we will have another Blazing Squad on our hands.
The album is quite impressive, the slower songs aren't as gripping as such anthems as "The Click" and "Festival Song", but it is certainly an impressive debut album, I would recommend this to anyone who has teen spirit rooted in them, and wants to escape momentarily from the bigger issues in life. 5 Stars for a quality effort.
on 8 January 2004
From when i first heard Good Charlotte, i knew that they had become my favourite band. When i found out they had brought out an album before 'The Young And The Hopeless' i had to go and get it. Obviously it didn't disappoint. Some of the songs are so down to earth but you also get a few light hearted songs, which is great because it gives you a real mixture of what Good Charlotte can offer. A lot of the songs have deep meaning to them and will also bring a smile to peoples faces, which if you can pull that off with one or two songs , is brilliant.
on 24 September 2001
I found Good Charlotte purely by luck while looking at music on the web. After downloading several songs and visiting their website i was so curious i just had to buy their album. They are similar in style to Blink-182 but their lyrics are far more serious in nature and, in my opinion, they are far better.
This album is sheer excellence on its own, especially for a debut effort.
The album starts with an excellent song, 'Little Things' [the video is also on the CD and is very good!], and then sends the listener spinning through an eclectic mix of angst-ridden pop/punk style melodies that are just so catchy it is unbelievable! EVERY song on this album is worth listening to and, for once, they are all very different. This is what makes Good Charlotte so good, variation in their music. The CD starts at an explosive adrenaline packed pace with 'Little Things'and 'East Coast Anthem', but somehow conspires to end with several entrancingly written, wrist-slittingly mellow melodies. This is enough to make your heart ache and your mind cry out for more and more!
Best song on the album is 'The Click.' [though it is a very close call between that and ALL the others...].
My advice is to go out and get this immediately, especially if you are a fan of Blink-182 or Fenix TX. And even if you are not, you should still buy it!