Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 20 June 2016
good recording with some good songs
on 1 May 2002
This is the best cd I own, Good Charlotte is like nothing you've heard before in a billiant way. The heavy distortion on 'East Coast Anthem' takes us back to old rock, while the ska feelings of 'Waldof Worldwide' and 'Complicated' sound a bit like Reel Big Fish. Stand out track has to be 'Screamer' or 'The Festical Song'. Thank You Mom is the hidden track after Change. Joel is a brilliant punk singer and additional vocals by his twin Benji makes the songs on the album come alive. Cant wait for the follow up. See also 'I Heard You' on not another teen movie soundtrack.
on 6 January 2003
They were my words when my sister came home from America and forced me to listen to this album, and what an album it is. This is so called pop punk at its best. Catchy songs and meaniful lyrics will get you singing along from start to finish. Buy this album!
on 18 June 2005
This being Good Charlottes debut album, many people believe it is a slight let-down, but were not all great bands once novices? The more a person listens to this album, the more understanding he/she gets of each song. All of the songs have amazing lyrics and instrumental talent, which is why Good Charlotte is one of my favourite bands around these days.
With the follow-on of The Young and The Hopeless, and their latest album, The Chronicles of Life and Death, one soon discovers the meaning behind such affectionate and emotional lyrics of all songs... which at times have shed a different light on the darker times of my life, certainly thought-provoking. A must-have for all Good Charlotte fans, I definitely reccommend it.
Truly inspirational, thanks guys!
on 24 September 2001
I found Good Charlotte purely by luck while looking at music on the web. After downloading several songs and visiting their website i was so curious i just had to buy their album. They are similar in style to Blink-182 but their lyrics are far more serious in nature and, in my opinion, they are far better.
This album is sheer excellence on its own, especially for a debut effort.
The album starts with an excellent song, 'Little Things' [the video is also on the CD and is very good!], and then sends the listener spinning through an eclectic mix of angst-ridden pop/punk style melodies that are just so catchy it is unbelievable! EVERY song on this album is worth listening to and, for once, they are all very different. This is what makes Good Charlotte so good, variation in their music. The CD starts at an explosive adrenaline packed pace with 'Little Things'and 'East Coast Anthem', but somehow conspires to end with several entrancingly written, wrist-slittingly mellow melodies. This is enough to make your heart ache and your mind cry out for more and more!
Best song on the album is 'The Click.' [though it is a very close call between that and ALL the others...].
My advice is to go out and get this immediately, especially if you are a fan of Blink-182 or Fenix TX. And even if you are not, you should still buy it!
on 6 January 2004
Definately a good purchase, I bought this enhanced CD, but then discovered the UK album actually has an extra track- The Click. I borrowed it and the track is absolutely AWESOME, so don't buy the Enhanced one- get the UK one!!!
Good Charlotte are an absolutely awesome band, Benj and Joel turned round their whole lives and have inspired so many people to do the same. I saw them live in December and they rocked so hard. Keep it up boys. Buy this album, you won't be disappointed!
on 19 October 2003
I heard some tracks from "The Young and the Hopeless" and was instantly hooked on Good Charlotte, they are an impressive band, playing their own instruments and writing their own songs, which in my opinion completely voids them from being classed as gimicky and avril-esque.
GC have an impressive background touring with Blink 182 and Lit, so give them some well earned respect.
One of the things I have been disappointed to see however, is how the record company chooses to market GC; they are always portrayed as posers and pretty boys, it should be just about the music in my opinion, otherwise we will have another Blazing Squad on our hands.
The album is quite impressive, the slower songs aren't as gripping as such anthems as "The Click" and "Festival Song", but it is certainly an impressive debut album, I would recommend this to anyone who has teen spirit rooted in them, and wants to escape momentarily from the bigger issues in life. 5 Stars for a quality effort.
on 4 October 2002
This album is a total classic in a pop punk sense.The band are relativley underground at the moment (which is a good thing!)but Its inevitable the berneys clad skater jock kids are gonna lap this up. Although the music is inoffensive to say the least, the band stay true to traditional punk ethics, which may baffle fans of Blink, Sum 41, New Found Glory ect. Its an up beat, very polished record which you'll be hooked on after one or two listens. For cutting edge punk try Disttilers or At The Drive-In, but this is perfect for a nice easy listen. Gud Stuff!
on 7 May 2003
I am a new fan to good charlotte and this album realy got them of to a good start for me. The music is realy inspireing and it is such a cool style. The lyrics are realy imagnative and you can almost relate to the singers. The music has a way of making you feel realy good about your self when you have had a bad day. If you haven't got this album get it now it is their best yet.
on 27 November 2007
This was one of the first albums that I bought from this site, but I wanted the album for ages and couldn't get it until I got myself a debit card! I purchased their second album 'The young and the hopeless' way back in 2003 when I was 13 years old and I though from that moment that this band was awesome! That album is still my favourite album from GC, it is the ultimate punk-rock album. The 3rd album was a little dissapointing but still had great songs like 'We believe' and 'Mountain'. The more I listen to that album, the more I can respect it, but definetly not an under 14's album. The latest album 'Good morning revival' has such a fresh sound and is about 'hope for the future' as Benji says in the thank you's.

What about this album?! This was their first album where they wrote material about how hard their lives were before being in the band and this is easily seen in 'Little things'. My favourite track on this album was the 1 that I bought it for 'Festival song' - a brilliant anthem and part 1 of 'The anthem' from their 2nd album. I was actually expecting a bit of an immature sound from this debut and that is what I got! They are all straight-up pop rock/punk. There are no moods created or anything, except in the bonus emotional track 'Thankyou mom' which is meaningful and not like the others, not that the others aren't meaningful, but this one creates more of a somber mood like on the 2nd album's 'Emotionless'. This is a good album and it is definetly worth purchasing, but you will not be very interested in it if you are over 20. In fact if you are over 20 - buy the new album! It's a mazing to see how much these guys matured in their music by 'TY and TH'. That is a great album and is far better than this one, so if you want to buy one GC album it should definetly be that one! The tunes were so much better and more punk rock than pop rock, which is definetly more to my taste, friendly punk. I have given this 3 stars where I would give the 2nd album 5 stars easily. GC were just a little immature and were wanting to have more ofa pop sound, which is ironic seeing as they grew up with Minor threat, Social distortion and The beastie boys. My conclusion is that it's a great debut, but probably their worst album next to 'The chronicles...' because it was so dark. This one is anything but dark - its definetly more for the schoolkids though.