Size: XL|Change

on 5 March 2014
I am not sure which costume the 5 star reviewers received, but it definitely is not the one I received. The costume arrived flat packed and promptly. However, it is definitely not worth the money, an expensive costume that is cheaply made, looks cheap and of a very poor quality. The hat is floppy, and does not sit well on the head, mine came minus the ribbon. The orange wig is a straggly mess that when combed,(gently) falls apart and is not the full orange wig that appears in the picture. The all in one coat/waistcoat is a thin fabric that as a previous review suggests reminds me of kids fuzzy felt. The Velcro fastenings at the back kept pulling apart, I did order an XL, which is more like a small, and no I am not overly fat! Safety pins would have to be used to hold it together though the fabric is so thin it would probably have torn. The trousers are extremely short, I am 6.2 and they reached half way down my calf, again cheap and thin fabric. Overall a very disappointing and over priced outfit that did not live up to expectations.
on 29 October 2013
The first thing I noticed when I opened the packaging was the loose threads everywhere. They covered the costume and really gave the perception of poor quality. I ordered a large since it was the only size left, and using some safety pins easily adjusted the fit.

The most postive thing about this costume is the colours - definitely worthy for a mad hatter homage.

The worst thing about this costume is the hat - DO NOT LET THE PICTURE FOOL YOU. The hat arrives flat and will not stay up as shown. The best solution was cutting it open and stuffing cotton balls into it, then stitching it back up. I also chopped off the wig that came attached, as it just looked horrible.

And a quick side-note - I wouldn't trust the 5 star reviews, they sound like they were written by the company.
on 24 January 2015
This is not like the photographs at all. The wig is awful & thin. The jacket is just 4 pieces of velcro at the back. The hat is floppy, with no playing card in it. Not like the photographs at all. Just terrible.
on 27 August 2013
Superb costume, dispatched quickly, looks brilliant on, am very pleased with it. Well worth the money, a genuine Disney costume
on 3 July 2013
Returned item I felt it was poor quality for price. Ordered a mans larger size and trousers were like leggings and far too short jacket reminded me of fuzzy felt for kids.
on 13 February 2012
The item was a very good buy, but I was a bit disappointed with the hat, having sent for the extra large outfit, I did not expect it to have an extra large hat with it, I mean who has an extra large head anyway, i don't know anyone who takes an XL or XXL size and has a bigger head, I only got the XL because the medium one was tight on the top, the hat was a perfect fit.
on 11 January 2014
A man needs pockets.. The costume was very detailed but short in the body for a tall man, I had a gaping belly and had to wear at shirt underneath.The hat with wig were excellent and I won first prize !
on 20 December 2013
I thought it looked good on and I had lots of good comments from my friends. I was surprised by the size though, glad I ordered XL.
My only comment would be the cost and it was very creased when it arrived.
on 21 May 2016
Worked just fine, great laugh
on 7 November 2011
This is a great costume, it went down really well at the fancy dress party i went to.

It is of good quality, the delivery was quick and the price was reasonable.

Thanks