on 18 September 2014
Pure Magic! These two words sum up this book completely.

Zach and his sister are orphaned and have been sent to live with their strange and evil uncle. His poor sister is ill, however, one of Zach’s favourite ways to escape their unhappy life is to run along the beach. One day he discovers, in the sand, a door. Well, what 16 year old boy could resist opening it? When he does, he finds himself in an alternative world called Endra.

As soon as he steps through the door, he meets William who’s a Werewolf, and a beautiful Vampire called Neanna, who tell him that he’s a Peacekeeper, and they have been waiting for him…

The author, Tim O’Rourke, has an amazing imagination, the story is magical and contains every creature imaginable, from vampires, witches, sorcerers, werewolves and some unimaginable ones too.

This is a great adventure for young adults, or even adults, who are young at heart. For me it is comparable to The Lord of The Rings and The Chronicles of Narnia. If you love fantasy, adventure and pure escapism, combined with a good story, then this is the book for you. I can’t wait to read the continuation of their adventures in book 2.
on 15 March 2011
i really enjoyed this book it will appeal to adults and teenagers alike, great imagination. i look forward to reading black hill farm by the same athor.
on 12 April 2011
I have just finished reading this book, and what a cliff hanger of an ending!!! Please release second book quickly as I must know what happens next!
I have to say this was a really great and gripping story. The style of writing is so descriptive I could honestly imagine being there and the characters are really brought to life.
What more can I say... Download this book... You won't be disappointed :)
on 25 January 2013
What a great adventure! I fell in love with the main character Zach and his courage. There is so much suspense,Ifound myself constantly catching my breathe. The villain(s) absolutely made my skin crawl!I am patiently waiting for a sequel!You will never be disappointed with any of Tim's books or series.They will always leave you wanting more..which he will give you!
on 14 August 2012
Loved this book, full of twist and turns.
I did find this hard to get into at first , but the more i read on the more i got into it.
It was a really good read, and cant wait for the next book, Tim is a fab author, and all his books are
guaranteed to have a 5 star rating
on 21 November 2012
Loved this book, from the moment I read that "Zack discovers a Doorway" as then he stepped into a whole new world as a peacekeeper I knew I was totally hooked. If you haven't read any of Tim's other books yet you should there amazing!!
on 21 April 2011
With Tim O'Rourke the great ideas just keep coming - and I can't wait. I understand that this is the first of an exciting series, and if this is a taster, then we're in for a treat!
on 3 January 2013
whilst entertaining I found this book was not one that held my attention. Having tried repeatedly to get close to the caracters I still struggled to finish
on 5 February 2012
After turning a few pages of this book, I began to realise that it might be targeted at teenagers. The more I read, the more I didn't care. It was simple, full of action, and humour. Neanna and William's trip to earth was great fun, especially when they flew in - how would you feel if suddenly a wolf and a vampire appeared mid flight in the seat next to you!

I would have given it five stars except I was disappointed with the ending.

Read if you like original teenage adventures, fun and action. You'll not be disappointed.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 January 2013
A good read. With action from the beginning. A great author who makes the story come alive. A New world you can loose yourself in...