Customer reviews

Edition: Limited Collector's Edition|Change
Price:£7.99 - £44.97

on 13 August 2017
Bought as a present for another
on 10 April 2016
Got this for my mum for Christmas, she's a fan of the Gears of War series so I bought her it and she's happy with it, came brand new in perfect condition!
on 21 July 2016
Great Collector's Edition to add to the collection. Great condition, great game.
on 20 September 2011
My Limited Edition copy of Gears Of War 3 arrived a day early through the post 19/09/2011. Thankyou Amazon! I've been playing this game now for a good solid day and all I can say is how awesome it is. Epic have made big improvements to the campaign like bigger and better set pieces and more story driven moments, fleshing out the characters we've all come to know and love that little bit more and also making the campaign 4 player online co-op. There have also been improvements to the online games like horde, warzone, execution and etc. I haven't really touched the online side apart from having a few games of team death match last night and I noticed a big improvement in the matchmaking. The presentation of the Limited boxset is something to behold and I will certainly be treasuring this along with my Gears Of War 1 and 2 Limited Edition boxsets. I would highly recommend this game to anybody and to players who haven't even touched a Gears Of War game before.
on 7 November 2011
I bought the collectors edition mainly because I'm a huge fan of the series, I got my share of cool things, For example the Cog in the front is not cheap its steel and has some weight to it, you get a little flag with a cog logo on it, pictures of Adam fenix, letters and Schematics for the Hammer of dawn which is fun to have for a fan as myself, Now if you aren't a huge fan as I am, then just get the regular edition.
The game itself is a lot of fun, the campaign is action packed it feels like an action movie from the 80's and is as cheese but not to fault but there's a lot more gore.
If I were to rate the game, it would be like this

Story: 4
The story in gears has never been very good, kinda predictable but really this is just a gorefest and really does not matter to me that much so don't be looking forward to a good story

Gameplay: 9 Fun, fun, fun, fun and fun! Playing the game alone is fun, playing this game with four friends is epic, Not once did I feel bored playing the game and with four friends to help instead of the AI is just too much fun, The AI is great and helpful l, Though not perfect, I experienced some annoying incidents where I was down but not out( meaning that I got shot too much and was crawling for help) when the Ai just ran past me and I died, that's though the only thing that I can say about it. Just over all an Epic gameplay, And then there's the multiplayer, I've only scratched the surface on that, I've been playing Horde mode where you and few more players take on waves of enemies, you and your team build Defensives and try to survive the onslaught of enemies each stronger than the other. Just this mode will keep you coming for more.

Graphics: 8
This game is beautiful, every location is amazing, the buildings the characters, the environment, just breath taking but sometimes it's a little slow on loading the textures which just happens when you load the chapter so there's really no damage done on this front

So I would recommend gamers who like third person shooters to give it a try
on 2 October 2011
I got this game on the very day it was released and I have to say...I was more than satisfied with the epic campaign. Amazing new moves, much better story-line than Gears 1 & 2 and a good multiplayer as well. There were however some things that anoyyed me with this multiplayer. One thing is that in the new Horde, you have to buy weapons with earned money but in Gears 2 the weapons were scattered around for free! It seems like they kind of copied CoD: Black Ops with that. Another thing is that in the new Beast mode there is a strongly irritating time limit and I'm thinking...WHY?! In Gears 2 in horde there was NO time limit and you had as long as you needed to kill off enemies. Another thing is that the execution moves during multiplayer are WAY to long. In Gears 2 and in the Gears 3 campaign the execution moves are quick and to the point. For some reason on multiplayer the only execution move that I've seen is where the character beats the enemy in the head which takes a while.

Overall: Campaign is excellent, best in the series
Multiplayer is good but downgraded from Gears 2
on 6 February 2012
I picked up the game at the insistence of friends in the January sale.
I had played the beta and enjoyed it but wasn't sure, until I saw it on offer at £30 and couldn't say no.

I wish I had purchased it earlier - the story mode is 5 chapters of mind blowing co-op fun, which had me and 3 friends gripped start to finish.
I advise that you have the first 2 games or at least a basic knowledge because I bought Gears 2 just to find out what I was missing in terms of plot, I enjoyed it that much.

The multiplayer finally replaced Battlefield 3 as my main game on the xbox - it's diverse, and the new Beast mode is great fun with a few mates.

Finally, the cog disc has a code for Adam Fenix but you recieve no other in-game bonuses with the limited edition - to get your infected omen camo you must buy the controller, console or epic edition.

Hope this has helped you take the plunge and pick up Gears of War 3, I'm playing it right now!
on 19 November 2011
What can I say that anyone hadn't before? This game is a must have! It's a 6 star game! Awesome graphics, awesome music & sound, awesome gameplay and awesome multiplayer! Ok, the "methodology" used its not really different of it's previous games, but that is what it makes it a great game and so much fun to play it!
The collector's edition is full with high quality extras, from its package (a well made high quality box with a beatifull medal) to its contents (the COG flag is really cool, and all the 'brochures' and related goodies are really well made) I really believe this is one of those collector editions well worth its money. Not really expensive for what you get if you are a big GOW fan.
Overall I would say, if you are not getting the collectors edition, dont hesitate in trying the 'standard' edition of the game, is one of the best games out there. However, if you already played the previous games, and you got hooked up, and love the GOW universe, go for the Collectors Edition, you will not regret it!
on 6 February 2012
You get nice extras with this edition. The ones worth mentioning is the cog medal which feels very well made metal and not plastic as some other collectors editions for other games would give. You get a extra character adam fenix and savage kantus if pre ordered with amazon.

Now for the game, oh my god what a game, I couldnt believe how good they made this game, I would still be playing this 2 years down the line. It has so much to keep you interested, and the online has dedicated servers which means far less lag. I rememeber gears of war 2 being unplayable for months with lag. Theres a horde mode, beast mode, arcade campaign and regular multiplayer. There has been downloadable content to expand on the story and multiplayer as well as events which changed aspects of multiplayer to keep things fresh.

£60 paid was good considering I wanted the game as soon as it came out.
on 16 November 2011
gears 3 is simply awesome,it's story driven campaign is still unmatched to these other fps games out there in the market,the multiplayer is really good apart from the overpowered sawed off shotgun which ruins the multiplayer experience,the horde mode is a survival mode created for the player to fight to survive,it features a ribbon system which rewards the player for how well they've played,beast mode is a mode which enables you to become a locust horde enemy out to get the remaining survivors of the cog team.
since the beta began i really wanted to playthrough the campaign but when i got it i was excited into seeing how much detail went into the graphics in 1080i.
for £60 you can have the game,an exclusive playable character adam fenix and with the other merchandise all bundled together in 1 neat package

try it for yourself.