on 17 April 2013
Works great and I now don't have that *did I leave the iron on?* feeling after I have left for work. Post was fast, no complaints!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 14 June 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Let's be quite clear about this; I hate ironing. Over the years I have developed tried and tested ways of avoiding it. Yet there's no doubt about it, some clothes do have to be ironed and clean sheets seem so much fresher if they're ironed. So, reluctantly, I do iron sometimes and as it's been quite a few years since I've had a new iron I was almost looking forward to trying this out.

What's the verdict then - am I a convert to ironing? Well, not quite. It's certainly much better than my old Morphy Richards iron with two main improvements. First of all the water reservoir is quite large. I didn't have to refill once during a half hour ironing session. The steam produced is quite impressive and this of course leads to a better 'press'. The other main advantage that this has on my old model is that there is an extra hot setting for ironing linen. I wear a lot of linen in the summer and have found it difficult to get a smart finish on trousers especially. This iron gave a very neat finish to linen articles and I was very satisfied with this.

The main disadvantage was that I did find it quite heavy to hold, much more so than my old model. I do have tennis elbow at the moment so that might be a factor but after a short time ironing I do feel the weight. Of course, being heavier means that you don't have to push down too hard to get the same result as another iron so there are pros to the heavier weight as well.

All in all then, a very satisfactory product. I can't say that it will make me look forward to ironing - that would be nothing short of a miracle - but I might not dread it quite so much and I will look smarter.
on 26 June 2011
This iron works well and is a pleasure to use. It heats up quickly and provides ample steam but is well-balanced and not too heavy. The sole plate glides well, is sensibly shaped and directs the steam where it is needed. The flex is generously long and winds neatly round the iron for storage. The cleaning function is easy to use and seems effective. As noted by other reviewers the water tank does need frequent re-filling but we don't find this a major problem. Overall very good value for money, especially with a 2 year manufacturer's guarantee.
0Comment| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 October 2011
Too good for professional quality of ironing.
Water runs out very quickly, though.
Good product for the price paid.
Amazing Amazon seller hence no tension....
on 2 January 2012
I've use loads and loads of irons over the last decade and barring one other (that was my mum's Panasonic), this is the best iron ever! Its made what was nothing short of a battle a complete breeze. Loads and loads of steam, heats super quick, good long cord, easy to fill with no dripping, leaking. All as promised! Ironing my sheets was so super easy I actually don't mind doing it anymore! Jeans, linen (always my personal ironing hell) and sheets are not a problem anymore thanks to this fantastic piece of equipment.
My only downsides are two, one its really heavy when you've filled it up with water and are ready to start. I'm pretty slight and it gives my arm a solid workout that I'd rather not have to do. Second, the dial for the temperature control feels a bit delicate, the kind where if you overdo the turn on the dial it'll snap internally or something. Well and possibly maybe the cord which has fabric and which I know from experience eventually tends to split and disintegrate but I suppose thats an issue with a lot of irons out there. But, apart from that it really is my dream iron.
on 3 February 2012
I would not normally be excited about an iron but must admit I have been really impressed with this one since it arrived. First it has a lovely long lead so that there is plenty of room for not being on top of the socket. Secondly and more importantly, it irons like a dream, really easy and glides over the material. The steam also comes out from right near the point of the iron so gets into difficult little corners. The reason I've only given it four stars is because the water reservoir does seem to need filling more frequently than other irons I have owned but this is easily made up for with the ease that the iron glides over the fabrics. I would strongly recommend this iron.
on 20 January 2013
I have bought quite a few of the azur (or equivalent) irons over the years. This latest model is rubbish. Since I bought the original one maybe a year ago I have had to have it replaced 3 times, all with the same fault. It stops steaming. Now I am not widow twanky, there are only 3 people in our family so it's hardly taking a beating. The latest 'replacement' lasted 2 months, terrible!
on 24 May 2012
This is my second Philips Azur iron,my previous one lasted 11 years. It is a great iron, excellent value for money. Heats up quickly, has an efficient steam facility and glides smoothly. Highly recomended.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 10 July 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I actually bought a Breville iron from amazon the week before I got this on amazon vine, and intended to keep this one as a spare. However, as it glides more easily than the Breville, which itself got a great rating, the Phillips Azur is now the main iron.

My pet hate is ironing shirts, as I tend to make a 'concertina'of the fabric around the buttons, but with the smooth plate on this model, this hasn't yet happened. In fact, I've not yet tried out the steam function, as with the cotton mix items that I have ironed, and the wash-and-wear type synthetics women's blouses tend to come in, I've not needed the additional steam power. It also has a low enough 'delicates' setting to avoid damage to fine fabrics, yet under that setting is enough to remove creases perfectly.

It's attractive too, and lightweight to handle, yet heavy enough that I'm not having to press down hard on the ironing board to re-mark creases on trousers and get rid of unwanted creases. Great for everyday use.
on 9 August 2011
We have had 5 or 6 Philips irons to date and this is the best so far. 3 of the previous irons were the premium models with auto cut-out which we thought we would miss but not to date. This has a big water tank, easy filling and with 2600watts of power, easily steams the most crinkled dry materials. Its a steal at the Amazon price compared to the high-end range of Philips irons.