Colour: Dark Blue|Style Name: Lunch Box|Change

on 21 July 2014
What a truly useful and well-designed product this is.

I'm a reluctant lunch bringer. I've tried many times to dedicate myself to the art of homemade lunches and failed. Somehow, what's in my lunch box has never had the appeal of a tasty salad or sushi box from the likes of Itsu, Wasabi, Pret and Leon. What looks great when you prep it the night before seldom looks appealing the day after, when it's wilted, soggy or just lost its colour and vibrancy.

However, when a colleague brought this lunch box in, I finally saw a way to end my £5-10 a day lunch habit. Inspired by lunches I'd bought from a place called Vital Ingredient where you choose a base (salad leaves, quinoa, couscous, rice), a few salad/veg/fruit/nut/seed/cheese ingredients and a dressing, I set about devising a menu I could pick and choose from each day. Then each week, I'd ensure I had a number of those ingredients in the cupboard and fridge so I could pull together a new salad each evening.

The box itself is a good size, providing ample room for a leaves or grain base. There are two compartments at the top for your salad ingredients. You won't get loads in the top section, but it's big enough. If I run out of space, I'll just stick the dry ingredients in with the base anyway. The dressing container holds the perfect amount to dress a salad of this size. The only things niggling me are the knife and fork. They are stowed underneath the top compartment and need to be extracted with care. They then need to be wiped as they'll be slightly damp and possibly have residue from your base on them. It's not a big deal as your base ingredient is probably fairly dry, but a niggle nonetheless. I'm not really sure where else you'd store them though anyway and this seems to be a flaw with other similar containers. My main issue though is the fork, which has the bluntest tines ever! Don't even think about trying to pierce a tomato; make sure you slice them in half before adding them to the container. However, that's the only fault I can find with this product. It really is great otherwise.

I try to keep the container as upright as possible during travel, although it does get thrown about a bit. So far, I've had no problem with the dressing container leaking.

It's early days yet, but I'm hoping this little gem will revolutionise my lunch habits and ensure I continue to enjoy a healthy, nutritious lunch without it making a big dent in my pocket.
on 6 June 2011
This is the best salad lunch box that I have ever purchased! I love the fact that there are 3 different compartments and that there is a little jar for the sauce!! Perfect!!!
on 8 March 2012
I have been looking for something like this for a while. It may have been upgraded since many of the last reviews as the cutlery is very strong and durable. The dressing pot is perfect size and the whole thing is leak proof.
Highly recommended - no more soggy salads!
on 10 January 2012
Good shape, easy to clean, scent and water proof (you do not have to worry if it overturns in your bag), unexpectedly functional (additional compartments, cutlery). Highly recommended.
on 20 April 2016
Fantastic design, this salad tub will be perfect for taking lunch to work. The bottom of the tub can be used for salad/ pasta/ anything really, and the top shelf can be used for separating tomatoes/ cucumber/ wedges/ carrot sticks/ cheese/ anything else. The small round plastic tub with lid which fits into the centre of the top shelf can be used for tomato sauce/ salad dressing/ olive oil/ mayo/ whatever else. The only thing I'm not so keen on is the added cutlery which clips on the underside of the top shelf - it could be covered in food by the time you arrive at work. I suppose they could be washed but I would just prefer to use my own cutlery kept separately from the food tub. Apart from that, I love this item and would definitely buy again. Other people in the family have asked me to order for them too!
on 2 September 2013
Packed lunches can be (are) the most boring of options so I decided that I would give this a go. It has completely revolutionised my lunch times! I know that sounds sad, but seriously. All the compartments are just the right size, they are air tight and keep everything in one place. The container for the dressing is designed perfectly for purpose. The cutlery is very sturdy and connects up well enough that you could almost cut through a steak. All in all this is a must have for any serious packed luncher. Enjoy!
on 31 March 2016
Keeps my salad in place all day and the top section means I can look extra healthy by having fruit on top ;) the clips are really good quality, seals well and is dishwasher and microwave safe. Also comes with a knife and fork for eating (only improvement i'd suggest is swap the knife for a spoon!). The dressing pot is also useful but don't fill it all the way as it is way too much for how much salad you can fit in.
on 13 September 2011
I was searching for something like this in Belgium, but I couldn't find it. That's why I ordered this salad box at Amazon.
I had my doubts, because the picture didn't really tell much. But once I opened the package and saw the box, I was so excited! It's exactly what I was looking for.
Not too big, so it can fit in my backpack. Not too small, so it can contain enough.
You can put salad in the box, and in the compartments above you can put small things to put in your salad later (like cheese, tomatoes, ...).
There's also a small container for dressing, which is sooo clever!
Also important: it's waterproof (I tested it).

It also has plastic cutlery, but I think I'll just use oldfashion cutlery (because I just don't like to eat with plastic cutlery).

I totally love this salad box, and I would recommend it to everybody!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 October 2015
Brilliant little container to segment all your lunch bits so they don't go soggy and mushy! You can put whatever you want in it for a nice healthy lunch, I personally fill the bottom section with some lovely liver and fill the top full of Fava Beans. The sealed container in the middle is perfect for a cheeky shot of nice Chianti (or Amarone if your more for the classic take) or if your a herbivore you could put salad ingredients and some dressing in it. Only problem is that the plastic knife and fork are a bit useless at cutting through anything tough, it's a good job I have all my meat rare!
on 26 August 2016
Thin and flimsy, poor quality plastic. Any minimal liquid leaks out, the lid doesn't seal it properly, gets open by itself too easily if being carried. The size is also too small for a normal lunch, especially for salads. Completely useless item, unless for dry snacks or storing some left overs in the fridge. Do not recommend.