on 25 October 2014
These tabs were recommended by our washing machine engineer. We were experiencing grey / black marks, noticable on our whites. We now use 1 tablet every 4 to 6 weeks, no more marks. We were told, if every wash was a hot one, then these tabs would probably not be needed, but most washes are 40 degree's. Use a hot setting, when using a tab. Worth the expense.
on 4 January 2013
Tablets were really good, it removed all the black mould around the rubber seal on the door and left the machine smelling very fresh.
on 2 April 2014
Item arrived on time and I used one of the tablets straight away. Immediately afterwards I could tell the smell had 99% gone away. I'm sure after the second use there will be absolutely no smell at all! Fantastic product and I will definitely but it again.
on 14 December 2015
First tried one of the tabs on our old smelly washing machine. It did improve matters for a while but the the smell soon returned. However in fairness we did try several other products on that machine with similar results so I think it was beyond redemption.

Having replaced that machine with a new item we've been keeping on top of any such issues to stop it ever getting too bad. We purchased this item along with Whirlpool W10135699 Affresh 3-Pack Washer Cleaner and Ecozone Washing Machine and Dishwasher Cleaner and have been trying them all in turn to see how they compare.

We've run them in a cycle either using the eco drum clean program or the hottest available wash. Although the former doesn't run at the machine's maximum temperature it does have a rapid drum rotation feature designed specifically to help with self-cleaning so I think using them alternately might be a fair compromise to keep the machine clean.

These tabs contain sodium percarbonate which is the same active ingredient as the Affresh ones - I do wonder whether they're actually the same product in different packaging.

They seem to do the job although they are considerably more expensive than the Ecozone tabs, so unless they prove to be 4x better than them I think the latter (which have a slightly different chemical composition) may be a more cost-effective purchase.
on 18 March 2013
I had to use two tablets by repeating the cleaning process - but the end result is a much cleaner and fresher smelling washing machine.
on 3 December 2015
I know we all want a quick fix and I'm no different! This product may work when used in a machine from new, but sadly not for one that's 4 years old that has been used with liquid detergent on 40deg washes. The smell is from a build up of residue soap that has not melted in the low temperature so remains and builds up bacteria. After research, I used two bags of this product over eight 90 deg washes and I found that it simply didn't resolve a thing! Because of the cost of replacing my built-in appliance I decided to try the same 90 deg washes with powder (Ariel) over several cycles, a costly experiment, but it has worked, I have been using washing powder ever since @40 deg washes with a once per month boil wash. Result, no smell ... success. My advice is to do the same and use powder not liquid soap (at the correct quantity) from new and leave this product on the shelf ... it doesn't work.
on 1 September 2015
Same stuff as more expensive options but less expensive. Prompt delivery. Is helping to keep 15 year old machine clean and non-smelly. Am alternating its use with nappy cleaner. Very effective but is a recurring battle.
on 7 March 2014
I tried just about all the usual products to freshen up our smelly washing machine but most only improved the situation for about a week, then the smell was back. Used this product once time and the smell was gone. Did no other de-smelling, and even after 2 months the smell had not come back. We now use the product once every 3 months and have never had the smell return. Fantastic - a breath of FRESH air. Brilliant product.
on 26 June 2014
worthwhile exercise, machine definitely better for it in our hard water area
on 4 May 2014
We have a 4 year old Bosch that since new has had monthly maintenance washes and always been cleaned properly including around the seal and left to dry/air after use.

Recently it started to develop a bit of a stink so we tried a couple of extra maintenance washes and they didn't help. We purchased these tablets and used one of them and the nasty smell was instantly gone so a month later on the maintenance wash we have used the second tablet and will use the third next month. I would say for us these have been a great success.