on 30 December 2010
I gave up sewing my own clothes 10 years ago but have recently started again. Patternreview.com is just the most fantastic website ever, it really has revolutionised my sewing. New ideas abound on the site everyday so I just had to buy this book for even more ideas. The book is not about 'how to sew' it is a book for home sewers of all levels full of useful hints and tips some unconvential e.g.use 'post it' pads for seam guides.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 5 December 2010
The tips consist of the best previously published on a popular sewing website. From ideas on how to store your patterns to curing neck ache, this book has lots of handy tips for sewers. With special sections on zippers, waistbands and other sewing techniques - you'll find this unique reference can improve your sewing skills. Make yoga pants in less than an hour. The Masterclass sections are a superb way to learn specialist techniques. Keep it by your sewing machine. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.
on 27 May 2012
A craft book suitable for Kindle. I am a fan of Deepika and her website and have found lots of useful hints in what is currently my bedtime book. My only reservations are that (as others have stated) there are occasional references to US products which make no sense to me and there are illustrations (particularly for the masterclasses) which are not clear on the Kindle. I will use many of the tips and dip in and out of this book regularly.
on 27 April 2011
I found this book very bitty and not as instructive as I had hoped. The language is very American and the hints are sent in by members of the public - some are very useful but it is very hit and miss and not the "bible" I was hoping it would become to me.
on 9 October 2012
This is a wonderful manual to keep at your side when sewing.

Sound advice and tips clearly explained.

Suitable for beginners and experienced a-like.

We're never too old to learn new tricks:)
on 17 September 2013
I have the kindle version of this and am really enjoying it. Even though I have been sewing on and off for many years, I am learning a lot. Not every tip is a revelation, but enough of them to make my purchase worthwhile. It's a good book for when you just have a few minutes to fill and need an easy read.
on 22 August 2013
Arrived well packaged. I've already changed a couple of the things I do based on the hints in this book and found life easier because of it. I like that the information is in bite sized chunks and there are a couple of diagrams.
on 25 April 2015
love it,great to flick though and grab your favorites ,without being to time consuming .
on 25 April 2016