Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 23 October 2011
I bought this lamp as a replacement for a much older lamp. The quality of this lamp is not very good but it does work. You can get much better lamps but not at this price. Basically you are getting what you pay for.
VINE VOICEon 27 July 2014
Effective, slightly cheaply made but it's at a pretty good price, so can't really argue. The picture showed a blue lamp, but the one I received was actually silver (see images uploaded to customer images section) - not a a problem though, it looks nice in silver too.

I put citronella oil in mine as I wanted it to keep bugs away as well as provide soft light - burnt well, although did produce a lot of soot the first time; I think some of that was from the wick being a bit too high, and possibly also from newness (paint smoking a bit, perhaps). After cleaning the glass and using it again (on the same oil) but keeping the flame a bit lower, it burned cleanly. (To remove the glass to clean, pull the top lifting metal bit upwards against the spring - that will allow the glass portion to be lifted out.)

Don't overfill the oil tank - I see other reviewers complained about leakage, I've not had any problems yet. The burner part clips on but doesn't seal against the tank, so if it's not kept vertical it would leak.

All in all, an effective lamp for the price, and takes normal 10mm flat wickes.
on 14 February 2013
I'm very pleased with this lantern. After reading the other reviews I was expecting something really flimsy but I have to say for the money this far exceeds my expectations. I'm sure the real thing is much better built and I was tempted but for less than £8 I had to give this one a go. I added some weight to the base by placing nut and bolts in the fuel tank so hopefully it can stay outside without blowing over.
If anything goes wrong I'll update this...
on 16 September 2011
Yes, very happy with product although I ordered 6 and one leaked!! Obviously mass produced, but I returned it and got a perfect one in return and they reimbursed my postage.
on 15 April 2014
Clearly some corners cut with the fabrication here -- for example the paint job only extends to the readily viewable areas with bare metal hidden under the sprung cap -- but much better than similar priced alternatives. It hasn't leaked yet either, which is another frequent problem with the cheaper lamps.

It's a good sized beast, standing to about a foot.
on 7 November 2012
Not a great product, cheaply made and unreliable. We have used it for a year and it has just given up, but it has had a lot of problems all the time, the little screw for the paraffin tank cross threads very easily and the wick smokes a lot. It has served us well, and it is very cheap, but I had really hoped that it had a more solid construction like the olden days
on 2 March 2014
After all he storms we had I thought that we are quite vulnerable if all of a sudden we are left with a long period without power. So, I went back to my childhood in Portugal when we had a lot of power cuts and my parents used to light up these paraffin lamps. I bought a couple for an emergency. They are cheap to run but one needs to be sensible and think ahead in terms of health and safety. They are nevertheless safer than having a load of candles around he house.
on 17 January 2014
This lamp was not expensive, but nasty made bent and all part poorly fitted The only reason I kept this lamp, I was desperate to keep the frost from destroying my greenhouse plants. The quicker I can replace it the better.
I am so pleased this was the last one they had, as I was looking for three lamps, its so rubbish. I would have rather given the money to charity.
on 10 February 2012
Good lamp with nice paintjob for a good amount of money, well worth the amount of money, I would recommend it to anyone.
on 11 January 2013
Good product. given as a christmas present to be used in the greenhouse. brother loved it as a gift he wanted