Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 3 March 2017
So lucky to get to see this in "all its entirety" for the anniversary release. Won't go into how great this album is. But from an ageing raver, this has it all. Way before it's time, still sounds timeless now. Techno, tribal house, trip hop. It really was an album ahead of the times. This is probably still one of my favourite electronic albums of all time.

This is what brought me to dance music, deep emotional. Great!
on 10 September 2015
Sonething reminded me of Leftfield recently, and it pushed me to purchase it. I remember in the 90s listening to it during long summer nights of carefree teenage years! It brings back memories and is just as good as I remember!
on 11 April 2017
All good
on 13 March 2017
brilliant
on 16 May 2017
Pure Classic
on 16 December 2007
This sounded new ten years after its release. I remember a couple of months before it came out. Leftfield had been releasing lots of tracks and the album was something to look forward to. And when it was released people were asking if one had heard this really good album.
The remarkable thing about this album is that even ten years on not only did it sound new but it also sounded considerably better than its current day competitors.
I think it may well be my desert island disc.
VINE VOICEon 17 February 2006
I rate this as one of the greatest albums of all time. A collection of pulsatingly versatile tracks that trancend every musical genre and deserves to placed in the same bracket as Miles Davis´s, "A kind of Blue."
It´s a tour de force, an explration of rhythm and melody that showcases electronic music at it´s best, pushing boundaries, challenging your conceptions of space and time.
To start with "Release the pressure," has me lost in a constant daydream that I never wake up from. "Athro left," is an energetic enthnic cauldron that has me jumping up and down. Then we find the classic "Original," so delicately arranged, it´s accessible to any music fan. Listen to, "Black Flute." I like to lay back on my bed and it just pulls me along.
I bought this the day it was released and it still sounds like it was made yesterday. It´s still near the top of my very large pile of CD´s,
go buy it if you haven´t got it,
Dave
on 24 February 2003
I was recommended Leftfield's second release, Rhythm and Stealth, by a friend who wasn't really a fan of dance music and, having not seen that album in the shops, bought this one instead first. I was impressed from the start, yet this album has grown on me since then. It is an entirely unique record - a seamless blend of high-quality dance and ethereal chillout from a talented outfit.
Several of the tracks (or at least sections of them) will be familiar to many, as they have appeared on TV programs such as Big Brother (Original) and adverts (Release The Pressure etc). However, it is possible to get a full feel for these tracks on the album, many of which sound entirely different away from the context of TV.
I would recommend this album to any fan of dance music, but also to music fans looking to broaden their horizons a little; it is an excellent musical work and demands attention from any truly open-minded lover of music.
I bought leftism when it was first released more than 5 years ago. Since then, I have played it to death, and lent it out three times. Each time it was never returned, yet no more than 6 months passed till I just had to hear it again. Never before have I liked an album so much that I had no problem parting with my 'hard-earned' to replace it. A superb speaker tester with mature thumping dance rythmns and one, maybe two tracks that aren't brilliant, just very very good.
The neighbours'll hate you and your partner will leave!
on 6 April 2000
Just as it looks like the scene has move on and Leftfield have missed the boat, these perennial slow-coaches put out killer records that stick around winning over an ever-expanding audience. This is as it should be. Their music transcends trends and reveals a natural feel for creating classic forms with fresh sounds. This album was voted second-best electronic record of all time by readers of Future Music magazine.... The fact that endless bedroom imitators have failed to come close to emulating this blueprint proves that Leftism was a special achievement. An essential purchase.