Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 16 July 2014
It's cheap, but also a complete waste of money. The wide angle part of this reduces the image quality significantly and introduces considerable vignetting – so yes it gives you a wider shot, but after you've cropped off the vignetting, there is little gain! And what you might gain is lost due to the overall degradation of the image. I took a chance on this because it was cheap, but don't bother.
on 5 December 2013
I have recently took up photography and doing some work taking pictures for estate agents. Small rooms in properties are opened up greatly with this lens. I can take my normal 18-55 lens right back to 20 before any dark edges appear. This beauty paid for itself 4 times over on its first job.
on 27 December 2015
This wide angle lens works really well with my 35mm f/1.8 Nikon lens. There is no distortion or vignetting and it adds a good couple of feet either side of the frame (but don't expect a professional wide angle lens for £10!). No focussing issues either. It doesn't work as well on my telephoto lens though. I've tried it on my 18-55mm and 55-300mm telephoto lenses and it suffers from really bad vignetting meaning you have to crop the photo and lose the additional width provided by the lens.

So definitely buy this if you are using on something like a 35mm prime lens and just want to add a bit of width to your shots.
on 17 March 2014
I've been experimenting with digital photography and was apprehensive about shelling out on a proper wide angle lens and despite some of the negative reviews here I decided to give this a try, and I'm delighted I did.

You don't get a fully functional wide angle lens, but at this price you would be a fool to expect that. Focal length can be an issue, to help with this I just closed down the aperture to allow a greater depth of focus in my compositions and adjusted other settings to allow for greater exposure.

If you want to find our if a wide angle lens is for you, then go for it, you won't regret it.

Pros -

Increase of frame size of about 25%.
Small and easy to attach to the lens.
Great value.
Great pictures for the money.

Cons -

When totally zoomed out you do get the vignetting, but it isn't a major minus point.
on 18 January 2013
For less than £10 this item is well worth the money. I purchased it as I am studying photography and cannot afford lots of expensive kit at present but wanted something to add to my Nikon D3100 to 'play with'. I find the macro element of the lens very good and have used it for photographing eyes close close up for some abstract portrait work. They have come out fab! I think if you accept it for the price it is, play with it, see what you can do - will you will be surprised. Its not always about having the most expensive kit to make good photos, its being creative with what you have (inclusing yourself!) and having fun. I was not disappointed in my purchase - give it a go.....
on 7 May 2014
Bought this on the basis of the description including my camera, Nikon D90.

Upon receipt, it seems this is not suitable for a Nikon D90 due to the D90 having a much larger thread size.

Big disappointment, and supplier would not offer a correct fitting alternative.
on 5 August 2013
I was skeptical that this would really work but wow was I surprised.I tested it on the kit lens 18-55 and the 35mm prime lens and did some before and after tests standing in the same position ,wow it was definitely much wider fitting much more into the picture.This is one bit of kit that will always be in my bag.Oh and delivery was very quick ,it arrived long before I thought it would.
on 10 February 2015
Heavy and very very solid for this money and it works,ok a little soft on edges but hey for this money and not Hundreds you know that's going to be the case,but for trying out the wide angle look and if you dont want to spend big money,it,s worth all of its money to me Graham
on 15 February 2013
Well it finally arrived today ,but I must admit it was worth the wait this is really good value and solidly built,
on 14 June 2013
I love the Macro part of the lens. I uploaded a few of my macro work with Neewer Macro lens only hard work with the lens you have to be really close to the subject but I love it!!! Great for armature low budget photographers like me :)

The Wide angel part hmmmmm I don't really like it it's makes vignette blurring and destroying the image.