Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 19 July 2011
Well, if it isn't, it should be near the top of the list. Alan Nimmo, Lindsay Coulson and the guys have delivered a debut CD that's a match to their fantastic live shows. Keyboards and drums may be "revolving stools" but when their is any 4 of the combination of the musicians in a room, something special happens. When they rock, they rock; and when they mellow out... well, just listen to their take on "Old Love".

Alan Nimmo has been said to be the best Blues talent since Paul Rodgers; I don't know if I'd go that far, but only a couple of steps short... maybe...
on 27 July 2013
I already purchased 'Standing in the Shadows', it was reccomended to me and it is a brilliant album. Take my Hand is their previous album and once again every track is perfect. Their version of Eric Clapton's 'Old Love' stands out however for me and I could listen to it over and over again. In my view this band can do no wrong and I do not understand why they are not more well known. Many people I have spoken to have not heard of them. However I am sure this situation will change as more and more people listen to their work. Meanwhile I wait for their next album and i would love to see them perform live. Anyone know if there are plans for them to appear in Devon?
Carrying on from a long tradition of Great British Blues bands, this band have picked up the baton and are running away with it. Having not known anything about this band, I followed the recommendations from the website and decided to listen to the short samples on offer, and boy am I glad I did! Being a massive fan of this kind of music anyway, I am glad to report that these guys are VERY good, and the singer has a Killer voice. ' Paul Rogers ' is the obvious comparison, however, I can hear the singer from ' Savoy Brown '( Chris Youlden ) in there somewhere as well a touch of the late ' James Dewar ' ( Robin Trower ). Funky and Rocking, I can only imagine that these guys would be Fantastic live. If your a fan of ' Free ', ' Savoy Brown ' , and even ' Robin Trower ' you'll find something here. ENJOY!!!
on 20 June 2013
This is a great band I have been lucky to see on a number of occasions.They just get better every time and there music and lyric writing is great.The cover of old love I believe is better than the original if you ever see them play it live it is truly awsome
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 February 2013
Alan Nimmo, one half of the Nimmo Brothers formed this new band and what a great album they have produced here. Including bassist of the year award winner Lindsay Coulson. I'd not heard too much of the band until I saw them in December 2012 at a blues weekend and well they were simply sensational.Often that live feel doesn't get the same feel in the studio,well this has ! A mix of rockin' blues some great slower self written songs as well. Alan has a really great voice,strong throughout, and includes here the best version of 'Old Love' I have ever heard,and I'm a massive Clapton fan. This track really packs a kick towars the end where Alan's guitar playing is simply amazing. Throughout this set is of the top drawer, the band are tightly gelled together, The playing order couldn't be bettered.Another standout is the Buddy Guy performed song 'Feels Like Rain',again a stunningly fresh arrangement gives such a depth to a great slice of ballad blues. A massive live favourite 'Mr Highway Man' will get your toes tapping big time, as will the opening track 'Lose Control', these two are I believe Alan's own songs. Eleven songs make up this release, every track is a standout incvluding the wonderful title song. If this band arn't top of the blues band league very quickly then I'll be utterly amazed. With guitars and kilts, this is a band and a an album not to be missed at any price. GET IT!
on 22 August 2013
What a great band! Although they've won awards for best blues, I just love the rock feel to their music. Great voice, great tunes and words. Remind me a little of Free.

Haven't stopped playing this and tickets booked to see them live.
on 28 March 2011
I got this about a month ago through their web site and I've played little else since. It's one of those rare albums where I liked every track from the first play. There's a great mix of blues/rock and slow blues tracks with Alan Nimmo's awesome guitar playing on all of them.

Can't wait to see them live.
on 1 May 2011
This is a brilliant blues/rock album which tips it's hat to the whole blues spectrum.
The musicianship is great and it provides a perfect platform for Allans heartfelt vocals and searing guitar that has feeling in every note.
on 12 January 2016
These boys are mint. So good I bought all of their albums without listening to them. I was a bit worried , but no problems. They in my opinion are reminding me of Roy Buchanan, Joe Bonamassa and sometimes Paul Weller on certain songs, But they are good.
on 21 February 2014
I think they are still trying to find their niche in the vast market of blues music BUT what they have done is find a loyal live following simply because of the quality of their musicianship and genuine enthusiasm, recognition of dynamic performances which is reciprocated by the enthusiastic Reception the boys receive during each and every performance.
The live reception the lads get during Old Love(this album)is always phenomenal and does not diminish no matter how many times you hear it. It is every bit as good, if not BETTER than the Clapton version.
This is a stunning album, with a nice mix of styles and has only been bettered by their latest album, Standing In The Shadows. Again it has a mix of styles which cover blues, pop and soul(just listen to Jealousy).
I really can't recommend these guys enough.
Ofcourse live is best so if you haven't seen them before....WHY??