on 20 May 2014
These gloves are aristocratic. They fit like a glove should fit. They are a bit harder to get on, but then they need to fit snugly and to not rotate on the hand when you are working, especially since you will be holding a dangerous chainsaw. I bought the large size. My hands are medium size and they are a reasonable fit. There is plenty of space for my fingers, but getting my hands in- through the opening is a squeeze. If you have large hands, you may need an extra large size? I take these gloves off and put my general gloves on for general work. They are too good to ruin and I need them to keep me safe when I'm using the chainsaw. The left hand glove has extra padding to the back of the hand as this is the hand most likely to get hit by a kick back. I don't know how well they work in the event of an accident, but a good fitting glove is a good start to accident prevention and so I recommend these over the cheaper options. However, if you are a full time professional, you probably ought to be looking at the even more expensive Stihl or Husqvarna equivalents. Hope this helps
on 14 December 2014
I'm always a bit dubious about purchasing gloves or footwear online,because(without stating the obvious)they must not only fit right but be comfortable too.And these Oregon Chainsaw Gloves do both,even the size chart providing recommending palm width measurements to size gloves was right.So all in all I'm personally really pleased with my purchase.If you have any doubts,find a local store that sells them,try a few pairs on to get the right size,as they are bound to be far cheaper on-line than from your local garden center type shop/store.
I bought these Oregon Gloves for a bit of protection whilst using my chainsaw for light duties in my garden. I bought L, and I wouldn't say my hands are that big, they are quite broad ... these fitted very well.

There is enough flexibility in the glove to not impede operation of a chainsaw, whilst providing a decent level of protection.

I'm right handed, so the left glove has additional protection of the back of the hand closest to the blade ... and more importantly, the blade brake.

You can get a nice tightish seal at the wrist, and the whole glove seems to be well made.

I prefer these black and grey gloves to the more typical bright orange offerings you usually see ... but to each, there own,

On that front, in the photos on Amazon the gloves look like they are grey and black ... mine are all black with red stitching.

Good value.
on 18 December 2013
My hands are on the borderline between large and medium but these gloves fitted well. The construction material and seams look good and likely to be long lasting. I was surprised how flexible they were and found them comfortable and reassuring when using with a chainsaw.
on 6 October 2014
This is my second pair as the first ended up being used as gardening gloves not the best idea I have had. Now the new ones are used for its actual purpose and are fine. No vibration through the chainsaw
on 1 April 2015
Good quality product, though slightly large fit. I wear a medium golf glove and ordered a large pair of these and it is slightly too big, so the medium would probably have been perfect.

Would provide years of good use I think, good quality.
on 15 October 2015
I would say; a good all round glove for garden use.Light and flexible.Comfortable fit.Maybe a little expensive as a general glove , but the extra peace of mind padding for chainsaw use makes them a good buy.
on 25 November 2013
Surprisingly comfy gloves with thick pad on just the left hand. Would love a pair with no chainsaw protection as they are so comfy for hours of work.
on 10 May 2015
Lasted well on the right hand but the fingers on the left wore out very quickly. Strange as I am right handed...
on 26 April 2015
The gloves are great and came up to expectation however they were shown as free postage I was charged about £4 delivery I dont know why. I didnt question it!