Customer reviews

on 22 October 2015
A great country Christmas CD with lots of original songs including "Santa's Gonna Come In A Stagecoach", "Christmas Ain't Christmas" and my favourite downbeat rendition "Blue Christmas Lights". Something different to endless variations of the traditional carols.
on 15 October 2015
A mighty fine album, speedily delivered
on 31 December 2013
I bought this from Books2anywhereUS and what I got was a lousy home-made, low-quality knock-off, life's too short to hassle with contacting the seller in the US so I chucked it in the trash, but as Amazon keeps pestering me to do reviews, and I apparently don't have a life, I couldn't resist commenting... Hey it might have been Buck's finest work but I'll never know...
One person found this helpful
#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERon 2 November 2003
Buck recorded two Christmas albums back in the sixties. While I agree with most people that this is the better of the two, I don't think there's much to choose between them.
This begins with the Christmas song most identified with Buck, Santa looked a lot like Daddy. Alan Jackson is one of several singers to have covered this joyful gem. Most of the other songs here are originals but Jingle bells (done here as an instrumental) and Christmas time's a coming (a bluegrass standard) are both covers, and very well done they are.
There are several sad songs here, especially Christmas ain't Christmas and Blue Christmas tree, but plenty of Christmas cheer too, including the amusing Santa's gonna come in a stagecoach and the love song All I want for Christmas dear is you.
This album will provide plenty of entertainment for traditional country fans.
2 people found this helpful