on 3 December 2011
This game is terrible.

I am a "senior" gamer who loves puzzle type games and enjoys other JewelQuest games.

It is a "find the objects in a picture" game. Rather than making the pictures difficult, the objects are often blurred to the point of being unrecognisable. Also the text is american, so a football is an american football - there are several such confusing objects.

There is masses of irrelevant text in a journal, which has nothing at all to do with the game play. I played the game on an XL and it was so small I could barely read it. I gave up when I realised it was irrelevant.

It took me a day to complete the game, and that was inbetween doing the shopping, cleaning the house, washing & ironing etc etc.

Total waste of money. Can't believe it used even 10% of the DS's capabilities.
on 17 April 2017
Good game
on 26 December 2011
After enjoying the first Jewel Quest Mystery and being a fan of the Jewel Quest series, I requested this particular game as a present.
Unfortunately it doesnt come up to standard.
The graphics are overly large and pixellated which seems a tad lazy knowing that the DS has a perfectly good graphics system as evidenced by other games in the series. The text in comparison is tiny and very difficult to read. While attempting to locate and tap items in the 'find objects' section it turns out the settings are incredibly oversensitive. As 3 taps results in a penalty you often find yourself running out of time having been penalised for scrolling or because the game required multiple taps on the correct item before it recognised it.

I feel quite let down by this clumsy offering and will probably end up returning back to the Heritage or Cradle versions instead.
on 28 September 2013
fairly new to finding hidden object games but this one took a while, several hints and going back and forth to work out a way on to the next stage, still not sure of the relevance of some of the objects used to release the little sparkly bits though...
some of the hidden objects are a bit obscure but it kept me occupied for some time and it does come up with slightly different menues of items to find each time so can play it again after a short time.
on 14 January 2012
this was one of the worst games i v played love jewel quest but this dont waste your money treated myself to it for xmas denied myself opening it wanted to do it or start it on my own with no one else wanting my attention what a waste of time the game to easy the graphics rubbish the story rubbish dont waste your time or money wish i took notice of the reveiws but i thought cant be that bad but believe me it is would of given it no stars if i could .
on 15 January 2012
I have been looking forward to getting this one since they first said it was to be released. Unfortunately I have been rather disappointed. It was not as good as the first one and I finished it very quickly. The graphics are no where near as clear as the first.
The good thing was you didnt loose your jewels etc when you ran out of time.
I have now got the first one back out and am thoroughly enjoying it yet again.
I hope the next one is better.
on 16 January 2012
I was expecting this Jewel Quest game to be much like the others. It is not....it is awful in the fact that it is so repetitive and absolutely no challenge.
on 12 August 2013
I've been waiting for this game forever. It is great. The graphics are great. The twists and turns are wonderful. People are complaining about the pictures but on my tablet they are clear as is the story line. Ellie.
on 2 July 2012
This game is a total letdown and complete waste of money. Does not live up to previous Jewel Quest mystery. DO NOT BUY IT!!!
on 7 January 2012
I've completed all the DS Jewel Quest games and after reading the reviews on this one, I was worried that I had asked for the wrong game for Christmas.
It didnt disappoint, the graphics were good and I enjoyed, saying that I did find it easy to complete and it could have been made harder.
I'm now working forward to the next release

See one answered question