Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Learn more

on 7 October 2013
Up until now I have always used a typical large, circular, metal colander. These work well enough in so much as they do the job of straining out water but they do have some problems:

- You cannot hold them with one hand to strain
- They are bigger than they need to be and take up a lot of cupboard space
- Pouring the strained contents can be messy due to the shape

No more. This is the design colanders always should have been. Big handle for holding with one hand and square so the corners become pouring spouts. The holes are all drilled straight up and down despite the shape of the item, so drainage is improved.

This is made of thick and durable plastic and does not bend or flex much, feels sturdy. The green one looks great and it is a fair price for a quality item.

Highly recommended.
on 6 January 2011
I was looking for a new colander as my old one let bits of rice and spaghetti through its holes and also burnt my hand if I wasn't careful. I had bought a Joseph Joseph magnetic tablespoon/teaspoon in green which I liked very much. I read the reviews for this and gave it a go, well I just love it! It is very sturdy and when you hold it to pour your food items into it you feel like you have good control. The holes are very cleverly shaped to not let anything through apart from water (or very small things!).

It also has a hole at the end of the handle so you can hang it up, and it is so attractive that I don't mind having it on display. The plastic is of very good quality and it is easy to clean (much easier than a sieve which I was using before to strain rice). It is surprising how much joy an object such as this can bring, especially after struggling with inferior models for so many years!
on 29 November 2014
Love this little item. Was tempted to buy bigger size but on reflection glad I got this one as it fits perfectly and easily accessible in kitchen drawer with other bits and bobs. Refreshing colour and co-ordinates perfectly with new kitchen decor. It has proved to be a useful product. Well worth the money as it shows no signs of wear and tear and retains strong colour. I am careful to avoid placing this item in the dishwasher for fear of the heat distorting its shape but it cleans and rinses very easily under the tap.
on 15 September 2014
If you are asking yourself 'Is this a little too big for what I need?' the answer is a resounding 'No!'.

I would pay double for this colander. It is designed extremely well with the key features (in my opinion) being:
1) It's size - it's got a great volume, so you can drain everything out a large pot at once.
2) Handle - it shields your hand from the main draining part so you don't need to worry about getting scalded by steam / hot water.
3) Stability - it has small legs to keep it balanced on the worktop or to keep it off the bottom of the kitchen sink.
4) Build - it's made from a solid plastic that doesn't warp or flex under heat.

My advice, if you are looking for a colander, is buy this one. You won't regret it.
on 27 August 2016
This is a great colander, I wasn't sure how I'd get on with it - being square shaped - but it is very stable when draining, and the medium size takes, for example, a family portion of pasta or two heads of broccoli without difficulty. True to the description it pours easily owing to its corners. I love it.
on 7 April 2015
Joseph Joseph make fantastic products if not a bit expensive. Having said that they do not lose their colour or split like many other similar products.
on 22 August 2014
This is just excellent for its purpose! It can be held in one hand while pouring a saucepan into it with the other, and the holes are small enough to prevent spaghetti or noodles from escaping.
on 17 March 2014
Love the colour! It ties in wonderfully with my other green kitchen things. and it works a treat! It stores away easily and doesn't take up an awkward amount of space like other huge round colanders. Drains nicely and you don't get the little puddle of water in the bottom like you get with traditional colanders. Also the plastic feel orgasmic ;)
on 24 March 2016
I love it .I would recommend to everyone.There isn't anything negative about it.
on 6 November 2016
very nice just what was wanted

See one answered question