Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£8.55

on 13 December 2009
Not only is this series of books one of the most loved in our household - by my three boys as well as my husband and I; it has one of the best readers too so we can listen to it in the car as well as bed time stories. On long trips in the car it has all of us entralled and the boys are quiet for hours. You will not regret buying these Cd's - David Tennent is superb. If you have not read any of the other books in the series I would recommend that you start from the beginning with 'How to Train Your Dragon'. Although they are stand alone stories you get a better feel for the characters if you know the history.
on 24 May 2010
My ten-year old son loves the books. I've read a couple and find them well-written and amusing. The stories are fast-paced, exciting and have lots of cliff-hangers. The central character is Hiccup, an unlikely boy hero who owns a dragon called Toothless. Toothless is even more of an unlikely hero but somehow the two of them, through a combination of brains and luck, always triumph.
on 28 September 2007
We went to see Cressida Cowell at the Edinburgh Book Festival, and bought a copy there. As we were driving home, my son was already starting to devour the book. We had to take the book out of his hands to get him out of the car when we got home. His request is already in for us to buy him the next book when it comes out When I get a minute I'll be reading How to twist a Dragon's Tale, that is if my husband hasn't started reading it. Our younger son is now starting to read the hiccup books, having listened to the audio versions in the car. Long may Cressida write hiccup books!
on 11 January 2016
My 8 year old daughter loves these books, she is flying through the series of books! Fantastic, funny characters, including a fantastic strong female warrior... always nice to challenge gender stereotyping.
on 18 October 2015
Another excellent tale from the How to Train Your Dragon. My 9 year old son loves it.

My only issue on the Kindle edition, the text size is fixed. you cannot increase the text size and when reading on a Kindle Paperwhite the text is a real struggle to read as it is too small. There is a reason. The book is heavily illustrated, and reflowing the text would ruin the placement of the pictures. Reading it on the iPad Kindle app is perfect however.
on 9 April 2009
If you have a child who is between 4 and 10 who you are reading to this (and all the Hiccup books) is a must. Especially if you are bored senseless reading the rest of the inane drivel that is out there.

The Hiccup series is clever, amusing, engrossing and delightful. I'm currently reading through it for a second time with my 7 year old and enjoying it almost as much as the first time around. He also loves it, btw!

Read them in sequence though as the story does progress. That said they are all good stand-alone books.
on 11 November 2014
Bought for my Grandchildren age 6 and 9, to be read by and read to. They love this series of books and it keeps them chuckling. The drawings are great (Please note, the illustrations are not like the film). Excellent books with just the right amount of 'naughtiness' .
on 4 January 2014
I bought the first How to Train Your Dragon for my Kindle, so my six-year-old grandson could read it on a long car journey. He loved it. I bought him this one for Christmas, and I think he now has the complete set, given by friends and family for Christmas.
on 6 December 2012
This was the fifth Hiccup audiobook we have bought - to play in the car to our 7 year old grandson on our fortnightly 3 hour journey with him, and it has maintained the excellent standard of the previous ones. Naturally it is brought to life by the wonderful narration of David Tennant and his voice adaption to the various characters. The storyline is equally hilarious and the whole tale is spellbinding for our grandson, his father and us! Thank you author, thank you narrator and thank you Amazon for an amazingly speedy delivery!
on 30 January 2013
You hear so much about some kids being unable to read at all but my Grandson, even though he plays for a junior team in the football league really enjoys reading all types of book. To relax he especially enjoys the Dragon series and I love watching him read because his facial expression shows he's enjoying himself. NB There's no TV in his house!!