on 6 November 2012
Took me a while to find this item. I have arthritis and my left knee is painful. I returned the first delivery as one of the gel packs would not heat up. This was replaced (complete) very quickly and the heat pads now function correctly. (The returns process was very easy by the way). The knee strap is bulky, but does stay in place to keep the hot pads on my knee. I Use the strap/ pads when I'm walking or cycling (only steady stuff!), but means I'm relatively comfortable for about an hour. The temp does reduce after this time. It is a bit of a bind resetting the gel packs by boiling them, but is well worth the effort to get me exercising outside. Shame about the initial faulty gel pack.
on 7 April 2017
does what it says and the heat is very good for pain but to re-use is not so instant with having to melt gel with boiling water which takes lot longer
on 10 June 2017
awkward to use and way too bulky
on 28 December 2013
I bought one of these as I have arthritis in my knees. I found it very difficult to click the disc to warm the pads up. Then when I eventually did manage that, I couldn't wear the pad in direct contact with my knee as it was too hot for me. Finally I was hoping to wear it under my trousers at work, but it was so bulky it looked odd and very obvious.
on 31 August 2015
not realy
on 18 September 2012
Product speedily delivered in clear plastic box which provides convenient storage between uses. The exterior of box displays pictures to show how to use the kit. There is also a leaflet inside giving details of how to prepare pads for reuse. These need to be studied quite closely.

The picture showing how to load the gel-pads into the knee-pad needs to be larger to reveal that the gel-pads slip into shaped net pockets. When the knee-pad is unfolded the nets sit very closely to the pad material and seem like a liner rather than pouches. Pictures showing how to bind pad to the knee are very clear.

The leaflet instructions are brief, but beware of skim reading or a vital point about the preparation of the gel for another use will be missed. Even if only one crystal is left after boiling the pads will re-solidify rather than remain in a liguid form.

No messy, greasy or smelly ointments so bedding and clothing not threatened. If a cold compress is needed rather than heat, the purchaser could adapt the kit and insert small packets of frozen peas instead of the gel-pads.
on 18 April 2015
Quite awkward to use
on 5 September 2015
Not been very impressed with the project could not get on the knee will not be buying it again
on 23 March 2016
Absolutely useless. In fact, I believe it was used
on 6 October 2014
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. MISLEADING.

firstly the advert leads us to believe all you have to do is click the bag to reheat ad-finitum.
wrong.
after use you have to boil the bag and then wait for it to cool down before clicking it again to reheat it?????????

listen up people. save your money, this item is not worth the hassle.
a far cheaper option is a simple hot water bottle, at least you only boil a kettle as opposed to
"cooking" the bag in a saucepan and a hot water bottle can be made up in 3 mins.

I've binned my purchase in disgust.
misleading advertising which amazon should ban.

thanks for wasting our time guys