1,057

on 1 November 2009
A great value for money bag, purchased from Lambland, a company that I have had consistently good service from. The bag is effectively made up of 2 bags. There is a rear bag with a top zip and it is joined to the front bag, leaving a small unzipped pocket between the front and the back bag. The front bag has a top zip and 2 side zips as shown on the picture. Size wise - I live in Italy and have to carry ID/passports at all times - and this is plenty big enough to carry my passport, credit card wallet, purse, comb, shades, lippy, handcream etc. Also due to the price, these bags make great stocking fillers for the females in your family.
11 comment| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 September 2011
Originally I was not impressed at the quality of this bag, but my husband saw me trying it out and said it was nice, so I decided to keep it and now I love it. Although it is small, it has two big main zipped compartments both measuring 7" x 7" (or 18cm x 18cm), plus on the front two smaller deep zipped pockets. So you can get quite a lot of stuff in there, although not a really big bulky purse, I managed to get my usual purse in there, plus everything else I need for a night out. It has a long adjustable strap too, so you can have it long for across the body, or shorter for a shoulder bag, or shorter still doubled up, to have just a handle to hold. The leather is nice and reasonably soft, and it is well lined. For [] quid, its quite a nice little bag. Ive actually really enjoyed using it on nights out, and yesterday I noticed that my boss has the exact same one for everyday use!!
I bought several of these little cross-body bags in different colours as runners'-up prizes for a staff competition (with a fall-back position of being able to pop them into a kids' dressing-up stock if they proved to be of too poor a quality standard).

They're NOT going for dressing-up.

The bags are small, but more capacious than you might expect thanks to an unusual design feature. Unlike most bags of this type, this has 2 full-sized pockets. Indeed, the bag is made from 2 completely separate outer pouches which have been sewn together. The front pouch has 3 pockets in it: a full-size main pocket, plus 2 additional smaller pockets built into the front. The rear pouch has only one main compartment to it. All four compartments are opened/closed by means of zipper. The shoulder strap is attached on one side to the front pouch, and on the other to the rear pouch, and consequently is mounted on a slight diagonal, but still balances well. The main compartments expand well and should accommodate most 15cm (6") purses... even when filled.

Having bought several of these bags, I've noted some discrepancies between included tags. All of them have the basic manufacturer tag, but some have lost an additional tag stating that the bag is made from leather AND man-made material. From examining the bags, it seems to me that the 2 main pouches are composed of different materials: the stitched-together surface is man-made, but the exposed outer layer (and shoulder strap) are leather.

The colours for all 6 of the bags I ordered (beige, black, chocolate, fawn, red, and tan) have proved to be a pretty close match to the item photos. The leather outers are soft and fairly nicely made. They're not perfect: the stitching isn't the straightest/most even and the joins in the leather (particularly on the back, where the surface is composed of 4 pieces of leather sewn together) could be more straighter. But at the price paid - significantly under a tenner - there's nothing to cause significant disappointment.
on 3 January 2010
On the whole the bag is well put together, my only problem was that without any dimensions being shown on the listing page it was very hard to guage the size.

Admittedly it cost too little to bother with returning the item but it really is small, about the size of a National Geographic Magazine would be a fair approximation.

It would be more fair to call it an oversized purse. So if you are looking for a dainty handbag in which you can fit a mobile and a lipstick then this bag is for you. If on the other hand you want a Handbag into which you can put your phone, make-up, hairbrush and purse then you're going to have to shop elsewhere.
11 comment| 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 May 2011
I absolutely love this bag as the long adjustable strap leaves my hands free and has plenty of (good strong) zipped pockets to keep everything in order. I also have the bag in other colours and wish there were an even greater range to go with other outfits. However the black suits many outfits :-)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 July 2012
I have been looking for some time for a small, lightweight cross body bag into which I can decant a few essential items from a larger handbag to take on days out and shopping trips.I wanted a style that was chic - plain and unadorned - which would complement a range of outfits from casual to smart. For me, this bag fits the bill exactly.

The leather - I got black - is soft and perfectly matches that of my black leather jacket which was a rather more expensive Lakeland purchase so I'm extremely happy. The bag has four zipped compartments in all but between the two zipped compartments at the top is a handy segment - not zippered but closed at either end - formed by the aligned zipped sections which may well serve as a temporary travel card holder or handy section into which business cards may be temporarily slotted until they find a more permanent home.

The bag is well finished off with lovely hi shine gunmetal hardware - much better than the plain zip finishers I'd expected for the price. An unobtrusive matching metal plaque on the lower section of the bag front reads 'Lorenz Accessories'.

I can see why other reviewers have bought more of these bags in a range of colours. I'm sure I'll do the same. I find it hard to believe you could do better for the price - yet this certainly doesn't look like a bargain basement buy.

I must strongly recommend the supplier, Oakgrain Leather, too. It took less than 24 hours for my bag to arrive via Royal Mail - well packaged with the sort of accompanying documentation that suggests a long standing and reputable specialist leather and sheepskin company trading since 1983.

I must own up to being ridiculously picky. This bag and the supplier exceeded my expectations and it's clear from the many positive reviews that large numbers of other purchasers feel the same. Prepare to be delighted and expect to want more than one!
on 20 August 2011
This is a great value little bag with a fully adjustable shoulder strap in a useful range of colours. Buy it if you want a practical evening bag, or something to wear to keep your money and small essentials in when shopping. The dimensions are approximately 17 cms square and the two main compartments open widthways from 3 to a total of about 8 cms. There are four, lined compartments all together. It doesn't smell particularly 'leathery' but it's very soft and light. Excellent value - I'm buying another one!
on 1 November 2009
on 24 July 2011
This bad is deceptive - it has plenty of pockets, is the softest of leathers and holds far more than one would think. I love the colour and quality and it didn't cost the earth. That's a big plus for me!!!
on 9 October 2015
Good quality for the price. Plenty of compartments to fit your smartphone, other small stuff, even one of those mini umbrellas. But it is a small bag. If you're looking for a medium size crossbody bag to fit in a tablet, a notebook & some other bigger items, this is not for you.
review image