on 6 August 2014
I bought this card straight from amazon so as to avoid fake cards sold. I used h2testw to try it and It turned out be fake. Also each time I was trying to copy a file larger than 2gb it never completed the process. I asked for a replacement but I got a refund (I asked twice for a replacement one at the beginning of the process to return it and once during a correspondence I had with the customer service). . The thing is that it took about a week to get the refund (I thought that I was gonna get a replacement) and all that time I did not have a card to use for my camera. (They had told me that the whole process might take five working days as they need to check themselves the quality of the returned card though). Also recently I had bought two micro sd cards (64gb and 32gb from a retailer) and they turned out to be really as advertised, so I wouldn't test this card because I thought that it would be perfect since it is from Amazon.. Then i read some reviews and said to myself let's test this one.. Just for fun.. And then I was quite surprised to find it is fake.. So BEWARE when you buy cards ALWAYS test them just to be on the safe side.
One clarification.. I have bought dozens of products from Amazon (I have a prime subscription) never had any problem at all.
on 10 September 2016
Sandisk Extreme, Secure Digital High Capacity, Class 10 (UHS-I) Memory Card

This memory card was purchased for my Panasonic Lumix 12 megapixel digicam. Back then it was one of the high end digital cameras offered by Panasonic and cost nearly £300. I wanted to purchase a top notch memory card to capture those special moments. The Sandisk Extreme, Secure Digital High Capacity memory card fit the bill.

Some background info that you may find helpful. For any given memory device, there are two speed specifications that are provided by the manufacturer and these are namely, the read and write speed. The faster the read speed the more rapid is the rate of data transfer to your computer. The higher the write speed the faster the images are saved onto the memory card. A Class 2 speed translates to write speeds of 2MB per sec. This is the sustained writing speed as opposed to the maximum instantaneous write speed. So the number shown on the memory card is the sustained write speed. Therefore a class 10 card will achieve 10MB/sec.

You may come across UHS (Ultra High Speed) symbol and this also indicates the minimum sustained writing speed. UHS is the fastest performance available on the market today. Currently, there are two types of UHS classifications: UHS-I Cards, write speed of 10MB/s and UHS-II write speed of 30MB/s. It is worth mentioning that UHS Speed Class is designed for UHS devices only.

SanDisk is one of the world's leading producers of data storage products based on flash memory. The preferred choice by professional photographers around the world for high performance, reliability, and proven durability. To avoid any potential problems with data corruption, I highly recommend you purchase a card manufactured by any of the major memory card brands.

I purchased this item at full price. If the product is unworthy of a good review, I think it is unfair to leave positive feedback as this can mislead potential buyers. I hope you found the review helpful. Please click on the “Yes” button below.
on 2 August 2014
I have been buying SanDisk and SanDisk only for many years. I was always happy with their cards as they never failed me. Until this one came. It was working, but when transferring photos to my computer I got suspicious as it was too slow. Tested it with a benchmarking software and was getting 19MB/s max. Contacted SanDisk and after checking the serial number they confirmed that indeed it is genuine. Still, to my surprise, they said that the speed I'm getting is within the limit and the card is OK. That wasn't satisfactory, because if I want slower card I can go with cheaper option. Tested it again in live environment against SanDisk's own Extreme 45MB/s but 64GB that my friend used to record films in RAWs on his Canon 6D. So the only difference between the cards was their capacity. My friend's 64GB succeeded to record at the speed of 43MB/s, my 32GB failed showing the max speed it can reach of 23MB/s. After this test SanDisk agreed to replace it, but it was easier to get the replacement from Amazon, which I did. The second one works as it should.
on 25 October 2013
I purchased a 32GB version of this card because I wanted more open blocks on my 3DS XL for games and downloads. If you are thinking of upgrading your memory capacity on your 3DS XL, this particular card has been endorsed by Nintendo, and means tested by them. Just a warning though- do NOT get anything higher than a 32GB SDHC card, as they will NOT work. I did my research before buying this, and the Official Nintendo website endorses this SDHC card in particular (the one I bought):

SanDisk 32GB 45MB/s Extreme HD Video SDHC Card
Item model number: SDSDX-032G-X46

Does the 32GB offer decent space for games?
To give you an idea of the level of space this card has, after switching to the 32GB card (using a simple online guide) I went through the "system settings> data management> nintendo 3DS> software" on my 3DS XL and waited. On the top screen it shows how many open blocks are on your current SD card. Mine showed over 200'000 extra free blocks, which is superb considering one of my large downloaded titles (Animal Crossing) is approximately 6'000 blocks.

Overall impression:
This is exactly what I wanted really, to have more space to download games without having to keep inserting game cards and taking them in and putting them back in their boxes. I will still buy physical copies of games too, but for my favourite titles that I know I'll play frequently, or for the games that only have digital copies, it's a relief to have a lot of space. More gaming for me! Buy from Amazon to be sure of safe return in case of faulty cards, and do not delete the data from your old card until you are sure the new one works, for the same reason.

Sorry to be so long winded, but there were a lot of reviews here about how this card works for cameras, and I didn't see any about the 3DS XL potential. It works, it's easy to do, and it enhances your little handheld console to the MAX! Save game data is safe, and so are downloaded titles and Mii accomplishments in spotpass. It's basically like a system transfer only it takes a LOT less time (at least mine did).

If you are still unsure, go to the Nintendo website FAQ pages. They are very helpful and there are even tutorial viedos on YouTube from people who have done exactly the same thing. Happy gaming!
on 15 June 2017
Watch out, these appear to be fakes.
I bought three and put them in my camera bag. I've just gotten around to using one of them and it is soooo s-l-o-w. It also corrupted after 44 photos and will not reformat. Sandisk lock tabs are grey and these all have yellow tabs, therefore I am convinced they are fakes. Unfortunately as I trusted Amazon to sell only genuine items I have missed my return window and am stuck with 3 useless cards.
DON'T GET CAUGHT OUT!
on 20 December 2013
I bought this to use with my Nikon D3200 Digital SLR (24.2MP), as I had been on wildlife shoots where I was in a hide and had started to get worried about running out of space at the crucial moment. It can be fiddly changing cards, especially when you are trying to keep quiet and still, so as not to frighten away the subjects of your images.

The numbers of shots available is calculated on the product page here, at an average of 3.5Mb per image - but going for higher quality, I tend to find that I am getting around 12Mb per picture, at least. On 8Gb or 16 Gb cards then, you can run out of space quickly, but this card gives at least two thousand images for me and this is enough to cover most situations, until you can swap or change cards.

This card also works very well for DSLRs on wildlife shoots, as it is fast and you don't want to be waiting and miss that crucial shot that you have been aiming for, that might be gone in less than a second. Overall I have been very pleased with the performance of this card on recent outings and would recommend it highly, at the price on Amazon.
on 22 August 2013
I first bought this card from(Sold by) Index Electronics it came with retail packaging and included Rescue Pro Delux, a file recovery utility. When I bought my Sandisk 32GB 45MB/S SD Extreme Video Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging it did not come with Rescue Pro Delux.

Amazon Marketplace Retail packaging:

I found it came with a one year subscription of Rescue Pro Deluxe recovery software. I am now using it.

I find it confusing having various large files which may or may not have copied properly. And, yes! I did format my SD card in the camera after I thought I had copied the contents. And, yes! I had not bothered to double and triple check.

First of all I found this software difficult to install properly and gave up. I have just phoned the company that provided it (0115 959 7904) and they have supplied me with an activation code even though I had activated the software when I first got it. So hopefully it is going to save my bacon!

I have ordered another of these cards to go along with my new camera Sony Alpha A58 Translucent Mirror Interchangeable Lens Camera with 18-55mm Lens (20MP). My previous camera which I also bought via Amazon was also excellent Nikon 1 V1 Compact System Camera with 10-30mm Lens Kit - Black (10.1MP) 3 inch LCD, and very good value at £240 but not as large as my new camera.

I have deliberately ordered FRUSTRATION FREE packaging in order to have it from Amazon rather than a market seller. I have returned the card that came in Frustration Free packaging.
on 27 June 2016
I bought 4 of these cards in different orders and all 4 of them were counterfeit cards. None of them would format to NTFS system and even when formatted to FAT32 they would get to about a quarter full of data and then corrupt and have to be reformatted. I usually avoid Sandisk memory cards because this is so often the case.

Companies make a lot of money from these genuine cards so you would think that they would incorporate a visual marker for purchasers to easily identify a genuine card, for example a hologram or a unique case style. It would not be 100% fool proof, but it would certainly reduce the quantity of counterfeit cards.
on 15 March 2013
For my Nikon D7000 -

- Sandisk - everybody agrees (from professionals to camera makers) that this make are the gold standard, in terms of reliability, compatibility and quality control.

- 32gb - is a good size to have these days. Tens of thousands of jpeg images, almost a 1000 RAW files or hours of HD movie. The jump in cost to get a bigger 64gb is proportionally much bigger and the choice is smaller. Twin two of these cards together in the D7000's twin card slot and they'd last the longest holiday.

-45mbs - is good - many cards run at write speed at 20mbs, which is actually quite adequate for most uses. Even cards that quote a higher combined overall figure often write at a lower speed. They may read quicker but out in the field when, as a semi pro (like me) you just want the shots you take 'in the bag'. Sandisk's 45mbs applies to both write and read speeds. Again, it costs a lot more to get anything faster. Sandisk SD cards actually only have a pro-spec 90mbs that's any faster than this.

-Extreme - just one quality setting down from Pro and below there are a further two. These should work in any environment on Earth.

-Price- Here on Amazon, the prices are unbelievably low. You really can afford a better/faster/bigger card than from other outlets.

Recommended? ABSOLUTELY!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 January 2014
Six months on and they are working as good as they were on day one. They are used daily in my wildlife remote cameras.

I purchased a few of these after learning about class speed 10 and how it affected the transfer rate of video. If you have a slow class rate, such as 4 your never going to be able to transfer as much detail over to the card from the device, or from the card onto your computer as fast. I must say if your device is not HD then perhaps you wouldn't need a class 10 card.

However, my devices are HD and the improvement in video quality is brilliant. Previously I noticed my video footage was a little jumpy on the class 4 cards, but not any more with these class 10 cards.

I also believe you should get the highest amount of storage you can, especially in my case where my wildlife cameras are left in the field for months on end. Well certainly a 32gb is double the storage of a 16gb card, but it is not double the cost. Thus its better value, if you need it!

A great product if you have HD products. Would recommend.