Customer reviews

Mediterraneo
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 September 2011
The music is lovely however being a dummy I bought this and the one just titled just 'Milos'. They're the same music but the other one has a DVD in it. DOH!!!
on 12 October 2011
I agree that DGG is being deceptive in its marketing of a promising young artist. I hope that the record company will apologise to the many on-line purchasers for not making it clear that The Guitar and Mediterraneo were near identical products. I shall be more wary of DG promotions in the future. That said, I enjoyed this disc - the performance and the sound Mediterraneoand wish Milos well in a hopefully long career.
on 6 July 2011
Spot the difference - alas, I didn't, not entirely my fault, Amazon!
Filling in your advance order form for Milos MEDITERRANEO, I believed this was a new CD the musician had made, following on from his excellent Milos THE GUITAR.
When it (No 2) arrived, I quickly unpacked the cardboard container, had the usual struggle with the cellophane wrapper, finally got it off, only to discover that I had bought EXACTLY THE SAME CD as No 1!
Whose fault is that?
Amazon, I think you should have made it clear that THE GUITAR and MEDITERRANEO was the same CD, only difference being that the latter did not contain the Bonus DVD included in the package of the earlier product.
Me, I should have looked at what I received before taking off the wrapper, then at least I would have been able to return it...
The CD itself gets five stars, Milos's playing is so good as to make each piece a living, breathing creation, passionate or tender, it's as if you too are wandering over the scorched evening landscape, or remembering something magic with a sigh of longing, regret - who knows what... Technically he is superb too, so precise yet sounds entirely effortless.
This CD is so much superior to Summertime that is currently getting all the publicity and hype...
Shame, Amazon, about the naming confusion of Milos, I hope it does not damage his sales too much...
22 Comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 July 2012
This is an absolute peach of a record and if you like Spanish guitar music, no, any kind of guitar music, it is a genuine must have.
Milos is an extremely talented newcomer to the guitar scene with a distinct style and personality which comes over well on this CD. His beautiful phrasing, perfect technique and good sense of dynamics make some familiar music sound quite fresh and new.
The recording is crisp and clear and on good equipment it sounds as though he is in the room playing just to you.
Whether you want to sit down and listen and concentrate on the music, or simply want to use it as background music, it fits the bill on both scores.
It may not be bargain priced - but don't miss this record whatever you do!
on 1 August 2011
I saw Milos Karadaglic in concert recently and bought the CD on the strength of his excellent live performance. I wasn't disappointed. While many of the pieces are classical guitar "standards", his playing is fresh and bright. Along with Xuefei Yang, he is one of the best of the new generation of classical guitarists. I look forward to him tackling a wider repertoire on his next CDs.
on 14 August 2012
For me, this is the best playing of the genre I have ever heard. It is technically excellent and the effect is sublime - you may have guessed, I liked it!
on 27 July 2011
VERY PLEASED WITH THIS TERRIFIC CD,PURCHASED AS A PRESENT FOR MY WIFE,IT HAS
SOME WONDERFUL TRACKS AND EVOKES GREAT MEMORIES OF OUR TRAVELS,
on 16 December 2012
I love Milos and his guitar interpretation of excellent well-known pieces. I also have his newer album, Latino. Simply beautiful.
on 7 April 2014
Milos's work is regularly plugged on Classicfm and I wanted readier access to his great guitar sound - hence the purchase!
on 11 April 2013
THis C.D. is fantistic my husband is a classic music lover and he is blown over by this . What more can you say Thanks