on 25 October 2011
Firstly these look ok, are pretty comfortable and solid but the claim to be "weathertite" which isn't quite true. After about 1 hour on Dartmoor walking through wet grass my feet were quite wet, after 3 hours every centimetre was soaked.

I'm giving 3 stars because they are cheap, I didn't expect anything amazing but I would recommend that anyone looking for something serious looks elsewhere.
on 6 January 2012
I bought a pair in June 2009 and it was the best £30 I ever paid on a pair of walking boots. They are very comfortable, stylish, sturdy and you can easily tackle hills up to munroes. I have done loads of munro walking in them over the last couple of years and they never let me down. I got 2 1/2 years out of them and they could still go on but they look so worn out, though remarkably all the bonding and suede is holding together well. So... Im now buying 2 pairs today because they dont make them any more and I suspect this is older stock still circulating....grab a bargain while you can.

There are a couple of points raised by other reviewers about them being waterproof. I would recommend regular coverage with a waterproofing spray to help this. Only once did I get soaked and this was because I was walking through bogs,which was my own stupidity in the first place. Dont expect most boots to deal with very heavily soaked ground or a whole day of heavy rain, they wont. These boots will deal with light to medium rain the whole day easily and keep your feet completely dry.

This is simply a great pair of boots at a great price.
on 8 February 2012
I have 4 pair of these in different version,the older design in low and the newer model in low & hi for myself and hi for my daughter. I am size 10 slightly wide and all mine in size 10 are a perfect fit. I dont understand the guy who says they arent waterproof, mine were bought for use in the snow and so were my daughters.Ive been out clearing snow for 4 hours and came in with bone dry feet. Ive also spent 8 hours running about in the snow airsofting and although my socks were damp it was only through sweating cos of all the charging about. Ive also used them sploshing about through muddy streams and boggy ground in woodland, and still...dry feet. They are fantastic value and very hardwearing. I suppose anyone can get a faulty pair which may be why the other reviewer got wet feet, but I have worn mine in all different situaitions and when I know its gonna be wet I always reach for the Karrimors
on 9 January 2012
The boots were received very quickly. However, despite ordering the same size 8 uk as the Bodmin 11 Low weathertite that I already have, they are much narrower.

I must assume that their is a difference between the Bodmin 11 Low weathertite which are a perfect fit and the Mid version which are far too tight. I will be sending them back and ordering another pair of the Low version. I hope that this will help other buyers to pick the correct boots. Once again top marks to Amazon for such quick delivery.
on 16 February 2012
I've had these boots for three years now and I've got to say I'm still blown away by them. A plus side of them not being leather, aside from them being cruelty free, is that they do not rub in the same way and are quick to mould to you feet, in turn the comfort for these shoes is immediate.

Over the three years they've been to the Top of Yosemite's half dome, the bottom of the snake river, Snowdon Summit, Sahara sands, Moses' Mountain and Petra's rocks. They've lasted incredibly with no after care, or regard for their safety. Whilst in ZION national Park, I wore them throughout the famous narrows, 20+ miles they were submerged underwater. Afterwards they were left to bake and dry in desert heats of above 40C and though their shape distorted somewhat, as should be expected, they are still solid, comfortable and waterproof. incidentally, with regards to their waterproofing, mine once submerged, would fill up and not empty which demonstrates fully waterproofing. A part of the heel has started to peel away this week from the snow (again, they're three years old) as a consequence of the beating they took during my time living wild in the deserts of the USA. To remedy this, I used the excellent "Shoe Goo" and they're completely as new. It's remarkable really, I'm going to Colorado in a few weeks to hike the Maroon Bells, and then heading back to the desert and these are definitely going with me as my boots of choice. For £25.00, I can't vouch highly enough for them. Sure they're better boots on paper, my dad has some £200.00 scarpers that I'll probably inherit as they'll last forever. But for £25.00, these have handled all kinds of abuse and are still going strong, three years on. I was skeptical at first, but these are truly excellent.

One thing to consider, I'm a size 11 in shoes, 12 in trainers but strangely a 10 in these boots. I found the eleven quite loose which I anticipated would lead to rubbing so I opted for a snugger fit. Even if you do buy them from Amazon it may be worth popping to the highstreet (sportsdirect stock them) and trying them on to see which size fits best
on 28 January 2012
I needed a second pair of boots as I am out most days with the dog, so these seemed ideal to share the load.
I walk roughly 6 - 8 miles most days along roads and across fields with the dog and on the first two walks I was impressed with how comfortable these were but mid-way through the third walk I felt my toes getting wet whilst walking through damp grass, still comfortable but soggy.
Upon my return home I put some kitchen roll at the front of the boots, it was definitely wet when I removed it and there was no sign of damp anywhere else in the boot so it could not have been sweat.
It would seem that quality control is lacking at the factory as there are some people who have suffered wet feet and some not.
I am returning these boots for a refund and spending more on a brand of boot I have had leak-free for 10 years (they have earned my trust!).
I gave the boot 2 stars as they are comfortable and, for the price, would be fine for fair weather walking.
on 17 November 2011
Dear ALL

I'm an avid walker and I was advised by a friend to purchase Karrimor Boots products as a mark of quality and comfort, and was further impressed as they where advertised and marked Waterproof so ideal for walking!

After just four weeks of purchase, the boots allows water through to top of the toe and worse the right boot absorbs water quicker than a sponge leaving my feet wet simply walking through the local park...and leaving me very annoyed and feeling ripped off in the pocket!
on 8 February 2012
I have worn Karrimor boots for as long as i can remember. Having large feet can cause the problem of finding good fitting footwear. I am a size 12 but find the size 11 fit just right.
These are my first pair of high top boots having normally gone for the trainer type. They are not as heavy and clunky as you would expect but give a good grip when walking the dog in the snow and ice during the recent snow storms.
As stated they keep your feet dry and very warm.
I used the free Amazon prime trial to get these the next day before 1pm for free and they were delivered by 12pm.
Using the voucher code from Amazon saved me even more.
Superb item and service all round.
on 9 January 2012
This boot has every advantage required by the regular but not necesarily too adventurous walker. I walk a lot but am not over ambitious. Ths comfortable breathable and water resistant boot allows me to walk out for a couple of hours and then enjoy a drink or two at the end of the walk, in absolute comfort.
on 9 January 2012
Excellent boot for walking on almost any terrain. They are very comfortable and, so far, have not produced any blisters or chafing.
Have not, as yet, tried them on snow and ice but they certainly have good grip on muddy tracks and paths.
An excellent buy for the occasional ramble in the countryside.