on 18 November 2013
As a beginner I am very happy with the keyboard. It has many functions but I basically only use the grand piano as I just want to learn piano. I may well start to look at what else it does when I can play with more confidence. It suits me for what I want and I think that it is good value for the money. The manual that comes with it is very comprehensive and it looks easy enough to understand. It looks as though you could work your way through it quite easily.
on 20 December 2013
This got me through the first 9 months of keyboard tuition. I was lucky enough to get a 2nd hand PSR-700 replace it. It is not touch sensitive but I knew this when I bought it. It is fine as entry level keyboard, but you will eventually progress onto music which needs to be played louder and quieter in places, at THAT point you would need to upgrade to a touch sensitive keyboard. There are failings with this item, auto fill in is missing and switching voices takes three or four seconds so you cant vary the voices during a piece. No ability to record but you CAN hook up to a PC to put what you play/compose onto manuscript paper. You gets what you pays for with this and it does the job
on 12 March 2017
It's working perfect, have been using it for two years now~~~
on 28 September 2017
Brilliant keyboard has served 2 of my daughters
on 24 May 2015
Good basic keyboard for learning piano. Has full 5 octaves for learning that was the main reason I bought it. Has some bells and whistles which the kids like. A good basic keyboard and being Yamaha hard to go wrong.
on 20 August 2014
Love this its very good value for money
on 2 August 2017
Excellent product.
on 7 February 2013
The product is really good for anyone who is starting to learn how to play music.. And the price was amazing! The only problem was that the power adaptor was not suitable with the ones in my country so I had to buy a new one but that's not a big deal!
on 23 July 2011
First time at an attempt to learn to play piano. Although have a bit of experience at playing a guitar, I thought I would try something new.
Not purchasing a keyboard before, I wasn't sure what to buy or how much to spend. Didn't want to go overboard in case I decided keyboards was not for me, but I wanted something at least half decent.
Nice surprise when my Yamaha 220 arrived. I couldn't belive how many features it had, ( think it may take some time to try them all out), also what a good sound it is. I am sure I could have spent twice as much and not been half as happy with some other model. I can truly say, even though its early days and, I am only just learning the basic cords, I think I am going to enjoy learning to play my first tune.
In my opinion, I think I chose a good 'un.
22 Comments| 252 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2012
I have been struggling with a rather large and heavy 1950's Accordion and, being left handed had many problems. I bought this keyboard and was amazed to find it is quite light, so easily moved from where it is stored and the musical tone is excellent. It is easy to use (when I can get near it) so much so that everyone wants to have a go.The price was very good and delivery speed even better - much quicker and it would have arrived before I ordered it!
All in all, a very sound package.