on 17 July 2017
Glad to get this after many years waiting, but one thing bothers me. It is sold as "SUPERB 180G REMASTERED VINYL WITH ALL ORIGINAL ARTWORK (INCLUDING INNER SLEEVES). Hollywood Records" Except the inner bag is a plain white paper insert and not the 'original artwork' inner bag from 1975.

EDIT: Worse was to follow, sadly. The pressing was horrible - scuff marks all over the surface of the vinyl and all of them were audible on playback. In an attempt to get a replacement I was only offered a refund. This is the sort of performance that would put me off Amazon completely, I am afraid.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 1 April 2017
This just one of several remastered vinyl albums by Queen.

Although I have had the CDs of the same albums for many years, nothing repeat NOTHING compares to the warmth, richness and emphasis of these amazing albums by this amazing band.

And to think that 15 years ago, I nearly traded in all my albums, I'm so glad that I didn't.

[Equipment Pro-Ject RPM-1 turntable, Ortofon 2M Red cart, Kenwood KA5010 amp and Celestion SL600 speakers]

Superb rapid delivery by Amazon - yes, you can take a bow as well.
on 9 November 2012
Amazon tend to mix in these reviews, so I had no help when planning a 'super audio cd' purchase. At £60 it was a bit of risk, however this is one of my favourite albums of all time, so it was a risk worth taking.

The quality of the master is excellent and obviously while it is dependent on your amplifier/player/speakers/headphones I have noticed a little more fine detail in this 30+ year old recording.

It is a masterpiece of an album and I never get tired listening to it.

Played back with OPPO BDP95/Marantz PM 11S1 (XLR connection) and EPOS Elan 35 speakers.
on 19 April 2017
Most probably there best album to date . It is a fitting tribute to the man himself Mr Freddie Mercury. You just can't dislike this album pure talent and creativity at the heart of it all.
on 26 May 2017
Excellent production. Great sound. Unfortunately the first disk was defect. Warped disc. The refund for transport was a bad joke on the part of Amazon: about 1.5 pounds. I spent about 20 pounds for the return. That calls into question the future shopping on Amazon...
It's been well over thirty years since this album came out and I finally bought it. I've been missing out on a lot of fantastic music. This album is extraordinary in its own merit, and I finally understand what "Queen" really was all about - the entire experience! Sure, "You're My Best Friend" was a really nice song and "Bohemian Rhapsody" defined an entire generation, but hearing it as it was pieced together in one collage of a musical experience and you'll understand what the big fuss is all about. Freddie Mercury's vocals are astounding. There simply is no `best' song on this album. Every song is its own masterpiece, but I am partial to the anthemic, "'39". God Save the Queen!
on 18 August 2017
Arrived before advised and love the album
on 6 August 2017
Classic album even better that it has the fantastic DVD to showcase the music . Win win win !
on 15 June 2017