Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Call of Juarez - The Cartel (PS3)
Platform: PlayStation 3|Edition: Standard Edition|Change

on 28 July 2015
Great supplier - arrived quickly and well packaged. Game itself is utter rubbish - got it as played Call Of Juarez Gunslinger which is 100x better than this. shame
on 19 January 2013
hard game, spent hours playing it and getting frustrated and all the rest of it, i don't recommend the game and many people i've spoken to say the same. sorry.
on 28 July 2011
The 3rd in the series, this game is appauling and a big dissappointment.
They have attempted to go down the route of gameplay similiar to Battlefield but have failed miserably.
The actors speech in the game is bad in the sense the lips hardly move so therefore not very realistic and are often out of sync (whether a patch is coming through for this - unsure).
Also the movement often freezes and the game can be blocky in the sense the game is loading up for the area you are moving onto.

In my opinion this game would of probably just sufficed on PS2!!!

AVOID!!!
on 30 April 2013
As a rule I do not generally write reviews for games. But I feel with 'Call of Juarez, The Cartel', I feel it deserves to be the exception to the rule.( May I also point out that I only played it in single campaign mode, so I cant comment on the co-op mode.)

Let me start with the characters. You play as one character out of a choice of three, but let me say this. They are the most unlikable characters in a game that I have ever played. And I have been playing for some years. Every time a line of dialogue is delivered it always seems to carry endless swearing. Every sentence begins and ends with the F or S word. Don't get me wrong, swearing is sometimes needed in an action game,but this game takes it to am all new level. It actually got to a point where it started to irritate me so much I nearly flushed it down the toilet.

Another irritating feature was the way your fellow team mates kept shouting LEFT!,or RIGHT!,and WATCH OUT! For no reason. During a fire fight this can become very distracting. Has anyone else picked up that?

This gets me on to weapon handling. It feels as if the weapons are made of cardboard, they feel awful. The sniper rifle and the shot gun should gave some punch to them, but the hand gun feels more beefy and does more damage. It would have been more efficient to use a pea shooter. The same goes for the grenade all you get is a puff of smoke.

The graphics remind me of a PS2 shooter, in fact some PS2 games where much more soupier, such as BLACK. It looks very half baked, and it also has that feature where all the car windows are blacked out. I only seem to find this in low grade games. It is as if the developers gave up on vehicle detail and let the office junior take over.

Going back to my comments on the characters, what I think also does not help matters is the way they take themselves way to seriously. There was no humor in the way they spoke, it was all hostile shouting at each other.

There are also plenty of glitches. I don't know how it handled on other platforms, but on the PS3 it was pretty poor. Every half a minute or so the game would 'jump', just like a broken record. Also wood and leaves seemed bullet proof for enemies to hide behind. Limbs and whole bodies seemed to stick out of buildings. My team mates also seemed to appear out of thin air in front of me.

I could moan all day about this insult of a game, but I will leave on a good note, yep, there is one.
The concentration mode was a useful feature when in a fire fight, but unfortunately hat has been done before on shooters.

To conclude all I can say is oh dear. I need a cup of tea now.
on 4 August 2012
No es el mejor juego que he jugado, pero no está mal y la relación calidad precio es bastante buena.
on 8 April 2013
Fun game for the price tag great too. get at nearly for nothing price tag which is also a bonus .
on 23 February 2017
limited freedom of movement and badly written characters ,bad stereotypes but not a bad shooter
on 29 July 2011
If you tried to play Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, this will be a step forward, a very different game and more coherent story.
If you never played CoJ series, better don't attempt the previous versions but go for this one.

Well, technically this game is not perfect but certainly a good quality product.

I'll list my impressions:

+ the story is interesting
+ you can choose out of 3 characters to play, each with different style, different habits and speech
+ the gameplay is rather easy and straightforward
+ the choice of gameplay languages is surprisingly good, especially as the story must be followed
+ graphics are very good!
+ some nice jokes
+ online competitive & co-op available, you can play either against or together with other players
+ no glitches or freezing issues noticed

- although online is there, there are very few people, hopefully it would change as I played when it was just released
- the game in story mode lags sometimes, I felt it in the first chapter, later it was fine. looked like the engine didn't have enough time to load the locations when approaching to the check points (not the save checkpoints, but the virtual roadmap with frequent steps, lagging slightly at those steps). but it din't freeze nor affect dramatically the gameplay.
- some parts of the narration are repetitive (for instance, the "special" sayings or thoughts of the main character when he does the same thing. Like when he enters the slow motion, he always says the same "very smart" phrase. nice in the beginning but not funny anymore towards the end of the game.

So, to summarize, I have even got the platinum trophy for it and did not regret it at all, as the gameplay was surprisingly enjoyable.
on 18 January 2015
My grandson thinks it is fabulous.
on 31 January 2017