on 5 September 2016
These cheap bells seem to be a bit hit-and-miss. I've previously had one that spun with light plastic washers, and reliably produced a loud signal under all weather conditions. This one (at least the one I had delivered) uses metal washers which are more inert and the sound itself is too low and quiet. In addition, it doesn't ring properly in rainy conditions.
on 19 October 2012
All in all, a good product.

I've been using the bell for about a month now and am happy with the purchase.

The bell is a bit cheap in construction but good for the price. It is of the classic lever action type with a nice dring-ring sound rather than the single ping of other bells. I wanted something that made a bit more noise than just "ping" for use when commuting and for that it works well. It was very easy to fit and went on my mountain bike handlebars no problem.

A few minor problems: Initially it did take a little bit of adjusting before the ring resonated properly - some WD40 to free up the lever motion and lifting up the cap slightly made a huge difference. The cap does come off completely if you pull it up too hard, but is easily put back again, and despite being in London, no-one has walked off with it yet... Additionally the rain does seem to get in easily (I store my bike outside when at home) and I noticed that the spring inside is showing some signs of rust, but, again given how cheap it is, this doesn't bother me too much.

If you are looking for a simple, low cost but classic sounding bell then I would recomend this one!
on 21 September 2016
My son wanted a new one for his bike and this does the job at a good price.
on 11 November 2016
this rings a bell fine thank you
on 19 January 2013
Nice little shiny product that looks shy but boy once you ring that bell, it definitely gets the attention of the entire street. Absolutely love the product, didn't take me long to assemble and it fit round my handle bar well and its nice and cheap as well. Would highly recommend!
on 17 April 2012
Bought as a birthday present and does exactly what it should it was very reasonably priced too, and arrived promptly, I would definitely recommend.
on 9 January 2016
Works fine
on 27 March 2015
my nephew was over the moon great price to
on 6 July 2015
Recommended
on 5 December 2013
I've bought several new bikes over the years for family members and they always come with "pinger" style bells that never work. This bell is cheap and does exactly what is required -- a decent bell sound. Great value.