on 8 October 2013
An ideal product for just protecting and displaying your tablet even if you don't use the keyboard. It is not completely rigid, but it should protect your tablet from knocks and scratches. The "clamp" on the top is on springs, so can adjust to a number of different sizes heights. Even tablets with the same screen size will not be the same dimensions, but case should accomodate most tablets upto 10.2" screen.
The keyboard itself is not too bad, the keys feel a little plasticy, and is hard to type fast on. But for writing emails or instant messaging, it is more than adequate, a lot easier than typing on the on-screen keyboard, and it frees up space on your screen. The only thing I would say about the keyboard, it is important to check which ports are available on your tablet before buying. I just saw "usb keyboard" and thought it would be ok. The keyboard itself comes with a normal sized USB A plug. But my tablet has a micro-usb port. Luckily I already had a suitable adapter from another android device I have, but Im sure you can pick them up for fairly cheap in the shops. This cable looks like it would do the job USB A 2.0 female to Micro USB B male Cable Adapter
21 people found this helpful
on 10 June 2013
I ordered this to go with the "Lélik Tec® Phantom 10 DUAL CORE" tablet I ordered. Both arrived from Amazon at the same time.
The case is as described a "leather look" (plastic) black case with integral USB keyboard.

My first impression is it is fairly heavy but it hold the tablet in with 3 clips and a spring loaded clip at the top and is a little tight to get the tablet in but once in it holds it securely.

The front cover (that holds the tablet) has a stiff flap that folds out and supports the cover and tablet in a viewing stand position with the keyboard connecting through the standard USB "A" connector (for the tablet I bought I needed to use a USB adaptor).

The keyboard work well and is a low profile affair with all the usual keys available (Function, Control, Alt, Shift, Cursor movement, Windows Start Button, Caps Lock, Number Lock and Scroll Lock with LED indicators (No Home or End keys)) and works well.

The Number Lock puts the keyboard into a dual purpose mode which means that the Number functions operate on a set of alphabetic keys (no distinct number-pad keys).

The support leg flap and the front cover closing catch are magnetic and seem to hold them in place OK.

All in all a decent product (certainly for the money) and would have been 5 stars but for the weight and that a USB adaptor had to be used to operate it on my tablet.

Colonel Debugger
14 people found this helpful
on 15 January 2015
I bought the 10 inch case for a Star pad and an 8 inch case for a Samsung Galaxy. Whilst it's a great idea to have a case with keypad, these just weren't fit for purpose and we returned them both.

For the Starpad in particular the 10 inch case does not hold the tablet in position and it just drops out of the straps as soon as you turn it on it's side. Luckily the star pad dropped onto the sofa - but the poor design of this item in relation to the tablet it is promoted with, does risk damage to an expensive item.

Ludicrously, considering both were purchased from and returned to the same company, we had two completely different experiences of returns. We sent the 8 inch back using the 'Collect plus' label. This was straightforward, free and practical. The 10inch however had to be 'returned in it's original packaging'..... (how many people keep the cardboard boxes the countless pre-Christmas Amazon deliveries are sent in?) To add insult to inconvenience, the return label meant driving to the post office three miles away from work, and PAYING to return an item which was not fit for purpose. When it could have been simply returned via Collect Plus like the other one.

As it happened, by some quirk of fate, I did have the original box - but because it had come from Amazon with other products it counted as a 'Medium Parcel' costing me £5.20 to return an item costing £9.99.

So in short, this company needs to sharpen up both it's product and it's return arrangements.
on 13 September 2013
There are a number of negative reviews on this product but I don't think they make allowance for its intended use or quality for price.

PROS. Looks good. Nice Keyboard. Fits My Zoostorm Playtab Zoostorm 3305-1030 10.1-inch PlayTab Tablet PC (Cortex A9 Dual Core 1.5GHz, 1GB DDR3 RAM, 16GB SSD, Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen 1280x800, USB 2.0, Built-in Speaker and Microphone, Android 4.1) tablet perfectly well. Works well for use on a table.

CONS. Strong smell of plastic when you open package but this passes in a couple of minutes. The retaining clips are a close fit and I would not recommend trying to just push / slam your tablet in. They need to be extended and released. In other words the tablet doesn't just push and clip in. It is not really meant as a carry case so if you intended to have the keyboard and stand permanently connected You need another case.
The keyboard has $ sign but no £ I will research that when the USB adapter arrives but fear it can not be altered?
The USB lead has a standard male usb so that means a wait for an adaptor to arrive and in my case that is on a very long delivery (for Amazon products) of a whole month. This item arrived within 2 days another 25 or so to wait for the USB adaptor from another supplier.

ALL IN ALL: Very good and worth slightly more if you need or want a keyboard to use like a net-book on a table. Not really suitable for use on your lap or in bed. Doesn't obstruct my tablet at all but if really interested look at the illustration closely to see if the retaining clips would obstruct your connections or buttons if your tablet has those.?
on 12 March 2013
I'm so pleased with this iPad case/keyboard- I have to confess, I've not used any others so I have nothing to compare it with, but for the money it's very good value. As other reviewers have said, it is on the chunky side, but I like the rubberised keys which feel nice (although it's taken me a little while to get my typing technique proficient since I'm used to bigger, springier keyboard). The case is very smart (not noticeably non-leather, although as another reviewer said, I'd be happy to pay a bit more for a leather one) and the magnetic clasp is handy.

The only downsides for me are the fact that it isn''t that easy to position on your lap and type, since although balance isn't a problem, the magnetic leaf which is in front of the keyboard is a bit tricky to work around. I should point out that this isn't a problem when the iPad is on a desk or flat surface, so for lap-use, it might be easier to remove it from the case. The only other negative is that the keyboard doesn't have pound sign, which is slightly annoying. Again, not difficult to overcome since the touch-screen keyboard has one, but it would have been handy. Even so, considering that the Logitech version of this is about five times as expensive, this is very effective and great value. Definitely recommended for those who prefer to type on a horizontal surface!
2 people found this helpful
on 3 December 2014
the case arrived yesterday and i have been using it since. its great and its a lot better than trying to use the on screen keyboard. the only thing i find is if i type too fast sometimes it takes the keyboard a few seconds to catch up. i bought this for my CNM 10.1 inch tablet and it fits perfectly.it even came with the mini adapter which was great. the clips are not in the way of any of the buttons. the only thing it blocks is the camera of you want to use the back camera you would have to remove it fromthe case, but its fine for the front one. i dont use the camera often so not an issue for me. the only other issue i have is the stand it could be a bit more sturdy its fine once its not moved but if the case got pushed back the stand folds up and your tablet will flop down on the surface your using. the clips are sturdy and holds the tablet well. ive only been using this for a day but im finding it very usefull. i would give it 5 stars if the stand was better so deducting 1 star for that. all in all a good case.
on 10 December 2013
I think this could have been designed a little bit better than it is. It comes with a stylus for "resistive" style tablets, so you know it's been on the market for a good long while. Time for an update I think. Also the keyboard is really tiny and there is plenty of waisted space where they could have made it more functional. Took a good while to learn to type on this tiny little thing. And last but not least, it comes with a standard sized usb plug. All the tablets I've ever seen have a micro usb, so you have to use an annoying adapter. I solved this isse buy getting a micro-usb cable from poundland, pulling out the old soldering iron and fixing it myself. (don't try this at home kids as you might fry your tablet).

At the end of the day I suppose it does what it's supposed to do. But in hindsight I wish I had just purchased the official case from Fusion5 and just bought a mini-usb keybord which would have allowed me to take the tablet out with me (this setup is kinda heavy) and then when I'm home I could just plug the keyboard into the tablet to write these lengthy reviews, etc.

I suggest you do something like that instead of buying this as the keyboard is annoyingly tiny.
on 16 September 2014
So it's OK, but most irritatingly it could be so much better. Why? the USB connector on the keyboard, it's full size. This means that you have to use the adapter ALL the time and it gets caught on anything and everything, it's ugly, inelegant and completely unnecessary.
I mean seriously, how many people are walking around with tablets with a full size USB port?
The keyboard should come with a micro USB connector and, a micro USD to USB connector for those who have unusually configured tablets.
Maybe this is really old stock or they bought the keyboards cheap, I don't know but I would strongly recommend shopping around for a keyboard which doesn't require the use of an incredibly easily lost adapter.
2 stars may seem harsh, but it is an annoyance that one is reminded of every time you open, close, or move the tablet.
Get it sorted
on 29 May 2014
For the price this is a good case and the keyboard pleasantly responsive with good tactile feedback. It is mini-USB only so no use for any tablet (such as Ipads) which have only Bluetooth connectivity. The metal brackets which hold the tablet are not particularly sturdy. When my son dropped the case containing a FUSION5 XTRA the brackets bent and the tablet is quite light. Although they bent back easily enough I would sooner have paid a bit more for stronger brackets. I would also have liked there to be a third bracket on the right although the elasticated grip does work. There are probably better cases available but the quality of the keyboard more than makes up for the flimsy brackets and I highly recommend the case at this price point.
on 5 April 2013
I bought this at the same time as a GobStopper 10.1" from Sweet Tablets - and they could have been made for each other. The case does not interfere with access to the ports when closed or with the control buttons when open. The kb connects to the full-size USB port with the lead tucking neatly out of sight. There was a small problem with one of the bottom clips not holding properly - but this was because the glue had come unstuck and was soon remedied. The fit is perfect and there is no way the tablet can fall out. The top clip is located centrally and is spring-loaded and holds the equipment firmly in place. Not sure why they supply a stylus - it doesn't work, but the GobStopper comes with its own anyway.
I have a couple of niggles : I would have given it 5 stars if the kb were UK - it's USA, so some of the positions of the characters have to be re-learnt. The magnetic flap holding the case closed could have a better parking position when open, and it ought to be possible to lock the stand support in place. A mouse pad would have been a nice addition, but at £10 can't complain about this. If I ever come across a kb and case with all these features (and in leather) it will be more than £10, and I would probably change it. Until then this does a decent job and I recommend it as a budget buy.