Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 25 April 2011
I bought this magazine full of anticipation. As it was described as catering for "modern, intelligent, exciting women who want to skip the fluff", I thought "Wow - I'll try it"!

Unfortunately this magazine may well be for modern and exciting women but it's NOT for anyone outside the USA. First of all, a good chunk of it is devoted to "celebrities" and there are interviews with a few very minor stars, pretty much in the way of a lot of other mags produced. Unfortunately, the celebrities tended to all be "stars" from US tv mini-series shown on non-mainstream channels in the US which we might get on cable over here in a couple of years' time.

The rest of the magazine was also very much based in the USA. That is in spite of most of the prices of reviewed items being given in euros (and including very few actual stockists that I found) and its claims to be read in most English-speaking countries of the world. For instance there was a section in the edition that I read about adopting a dog but its repeated references to the Kennel Club of the USA and how the ASPCA was essential to the process were just annoying. The travel section in particular had nothing of interest to the reader outside of America - are any of us remotely interested travelling to Missouri - well, yes, maybe. But the review was certainly not of Missouri but of the Titanic Museum/theme park, because it seems no-one from the USA ever travels abroad, even thought they want to THINK they've been on a big (sunken) ship. Not in Dish travel articles anyway.

All in all, although I was delighted to see an attempt made at a woman's magazine on Kindle, this one was not good.
on 15 September 2012
Paid £3.99 for one off kindle iPhone edition, curious to try it as no other kindle magazines that I could find in any case, I tried before I subscribed, thankfully. Will not be subscribing for that price, images poor and not enough of them, reasonable variety of articles. Probably worth subscription of £1.99 but not worth £3.99 for a single edition. However glad I tried it. Maybe the images are better on an ipad.