on 26 December 2011
My Daughter loved these headphones, using with her Ipod touch and she tells me they are really comfy and the sound is good aswell. They are sturdy and look really expensive. They were delivered super fast and are a fantastic bargain at the price I paid!!
on 7 March 2011
I've bought these for a friend but I own a purple pair of my own and they are really good :) I'm not an expert in this sort of thing but the sound quality is good and for the most part they are really comfortable and fold up really easily. I would recommend these to anyone!
Also, I haven't had any sort of breaking issue (I found a lot of people on the internet saying that their's broke really easily) but mine are still going strong! And I've had them for a while now :) I would say that these are worth the money and I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again :D
on 17 May 2011
I bought these for my girlfriend whose previous pair of Skullcandy headphones died after a few years of constant usage. She tells me these Lowriders are extremely comfortable to wear and that the sound quality is excellent with the right amount of bass. Excellent all round headphones. The ear cushioning could do with some breathable material as her ears do get quite warm whilst wearing them but this is not enough to suggest people don't buy them. Yes there are more expensive headphones out there that produce a better sound quality (Monster's Beats by Dre are one example) but when they are costing upwards of £100 the Skullcandy's are an absolute steal at less than a quarter of the price of most of these models. For the money you pay for these you are getting a terrific set of headphones. Keep it up Skullcandy.
on 30 April 2011
These have got to be heard to believe them. Had them on almost continuously now for 2 days. The sound quality from such small drivers is amazing with very little sound bleed from them. (even on full volume they don't disturb the fiancee!)
Not sure how sturdy they're going to be when folded and un-folded a few times, but so far feel quite sturdy.
I'm even thinking of buying another pair in a different colour (purple possibly).
Seriously don't buy anything else until you've checked these out.
18 months later and these are still serving me well.
on 5 September 2010
I didn't buy these headphones from Amazon, but that doesn't make any difference. I enjoyed these headphones for about a week. They are fantastic. Drown out any noise you can think of with these things.

Then after a week, I removed them from my head, not vigourously, and to my displeasure, discovered that the middle had snapped half way across on a plastic section. This left me with a flimsy pair of headphones, which eventually snapped completely. The headphones were completely fine when I'd put them on and were now in pieces.

The plastic on these things doesn't look that thin on the pictures, but they are incredibly weak. To make things worse, they have a hinge (were the plastic broke) that is supposed to allow them to be portable. I'd prefer to have no hinges and thicker plastic.

At £30, it's not worth buying these headphones. You can get headphones of equal quality at a lower price. Don't be drawn in by the aesthetics of the black and gold patterns, because you won't look so cool with plastic hanging off the side of your head when they break.
88 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 October 2010
These are some really sweet headphones, they fold real flat and have good sound quality. Had them about a month now with no problems.
on 22 October 2010
about a year and a half ago i bought advent headphones, they lasted me for a a year.
when they broke i said to myself, hey skullcandy headpones look cool.

i really liked it when i bought it the first week. After it has been a nightmare. Now one ear is not working and even the working one is fading. """!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!"""

if you want long lasting headphones DO NOT BUY, YOU WILL WASTE YOUR MONEY.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 May 2016
Ugh. I feel so disgusted just thinking about the experience I had with these headphones. You can even see my other review of these skullcandy headphones in a different colour. Same thing happened to these headphones. These were the first to actually break and break my heart xD I don't know why I didn't learn my lesson and went and bought another pair in the future. Clearly I was delusional.

These headphones are utterly awful. They look super pretty, I'll give them that - that's why I bought them. And the fact that they were skull candy. But that second reason should have been enough to deter me; I guess back in the day they had more credibility or were just very popular. They snapped in half within two weeks of buying them. Had I known Amazon the way I do now I probably would have asked for my money back or something but I never did. For 30 quid these headphones were not worth it AT ALL. I warn you now guys, stay away. Go get some sony headphones or senheiser or something else. Anything else.

I hope you found this review helpful.
I bought these for my son who is 15.

Read the bad reviews first then the good ones. Good far outweighed bad so thought I'd give them a go!

Skullcandy appear to be a trendy name/design and there are loads of colours to match any music players/phones possible. I got him the green to go with his Ipod (its green!)

Build quality isn't amazing but adequate if not lashed around stupidly although I can't guarantee my 15 year old won't do that! So I'll update this upon any breakages. The headband folding bits work well enough and don't feel like they're going to snap to me or him. Earcups are comfortable enough.

They certainly sit well on the head and sound good to me. He uses them on the ipod and via his mobile (HTC desire hd). Although I would say they are a little lacking in bass, if that's your thing. They can be taken off the ears, left around the neck and rested with the speakers swivelled upwards and listened to that way.
A nice pair, look good and sound good too!

There is no in-line buttons or mic on these.
on 17 August 2011
Received these headphones the day after i brought them...Fantastic colours, great looking, fit well, and they sound great too!!! Gotta buy another pair real soon...

See one answered question