on 13 August 2012
Must be used on a maximum shoe size of 9 and impossible to position in an enclosed shoe.
The "adjuster" is a joke: as one side expands the other side contracts, rendering any in-situ adjustment impossible. Find an alternative.
on 24 September 2012
I have not found this item easy to use -- very very fiddly and, in my opinion, not effective. I think shoe stretchers of regular use of shoe trees are a muckh more effective option.
on 7 September 2011
Not a very good product - no instructions, cheap plastic. no idea on how they are supposed to widen shoes. Poor quality and sending mine back.
on 26 September 2012
I bought these as a new pair of shoes purchased were pinching very slightly. The shoes were of a good quality and had a peep toe. It was towards the end of the toe part that needed a slight stretch but the expanders when fully closed would not fit into the toe of the shoe. If I had placed them in the toe at an angle then it would have effectively stretched a part of the shoe that did not need stretching. In my opinion, these are probably only suitable for trainers or boots, not for fashionable shoes. As they are quite expensive, they are definitely not worth the money, nor the time spent fiddling with them trying to get them to work.
on 19 September 2013
Absolute junk - no instructions and I feel totally ripped off....why didn't I read all the other equally poor reviews before purchasing? That's a lesson learnt.
on 14 August 2012
This item comes with NO instructions! Very, very cheap looking, and fiddle. Cannot fit into covered shoes. Amazon,please review items before selling on your website. I am soooo disappointed!!
on 14 August 2014
Not worth it. I opted to go the old fashioned way, wet a towel, squeeze them into the shoes and BINGO the work is done and it's free.
on 5 October 2015
These gadgets seem very small when you receive them, but in fact they cover a huge range of female/male sizes, but may be too big for small children's shoes, too small for clowns'! I used them successfully to stretch size 8/42 men's workboots. Doing this I encountered two problems: 1) The shiny red plastic ends were too slippery to stay in place under pressure. (So I stuck double, sided tape on them & rubbed my fingers over the resulting sticky surface to reduce tackiness; so they would come out at the end of the stretching process.) 2) Because stretching was needed in the toe of the boot, getting purchase on the turning bar to apply stretching pressure was difficult. I found that slotting a 20p piece into the turning bar allowed me to get the purchase required. I'd guess that these are the only stretcher which would work with calf length boots -especially in conjunction with the cunning stretching processes demonstrated in online diy videos!
on 19 November 2015
fab little invention that stopped my wedding shoes from breaking my feet before I even got to the venue. I love that they are so small, so they are so easy to store when you aren't using them, instead of those huge wooden things you can get.

The only thing you have to watch for is when tightening, the metal can be a little saw on your fingers. They could probably do with plastic padding on them of some kind so that you can tighten properly without indents in your fingers. I used a towel of some sort to protect my fingers, but it makes it a little more fiddly.

Still a very good product though! :)
on 29 March 2013
These are excellent and have been the answer to my problem of finding the proper fashionable shoes for my feet