on 31 December 2014
There are so many recipes in this book to choose from. I've used quite a few now, and no disasters among them. The author has clearly put a lot of time and effort into ensuring these recipes work. Highly recommended.
on 30 January 2013
I love this book! Almost all the recipes so far have been a great success (the exception being flour tortillas which
were too a bit too fiddly). I think my favorite recipe so far is the apple pie which is amazing. Gluten free on a shoestring contains both savoury and sweet recipes, a selection of breads and a useful section of tips for making life in the kitchen easier. It is an american cookbook, so uses volume measurements. Thankfully measuring cups are widely available and the difference between us and uk cups is small enough that it doesn't make much difference. I've never seen any of the recommended brands for sale but I've had great success with Doves farm mixes.
on 29 July 2014
Very usefull addition to my baking library. Enable my daughter not to feel too excluded from enjoying a variety of eating experiences.
Found the ingredients very hard to access unless you have internet access. None of the Supermarkets have taken on board the need to stock the basic ingredients in the U.K.It is impossible to do your ingrediants shop as a one stop. The cost of sourcing ingredients is very expensive but not as expensive as buying the finished product if that is available.
on 26 May 2012
Well I bought this book with scepticism. I was, however, pleasantly surprised. Lovely, non fussy recipes and all of them gluten free.
I have already ordered the 2nd book in the series.
on 16 March 2013
More inspiration to Gluten, Dairy and even Soya Allergens. Good value for Kindle Users.
Very, very Good Read a variety of recipes !
on 29 April 2013
Was quite disappointed in this book as most of the ingredients are not available to buy in the UK and would be difficult to adapt.
on 20 November 2012
I found the blog before I bought this book and always found it a great resource for recipes for my girlfriend who has coeliac deasse. The only dissapointment was there was only a few pages in full colour which appear in the centre. I'm assuming this was a costing decision as the blog has some great photography alongside each recipe.

Don't let what I've just said to sway your decision because there are some amazing things to be made in this book
on 21 April 2014
just a bit disappointed not to find photographs of finished products as it would help to know what the finished item should look like.
on 10 December 2012
Excellent book. I t certainly shows me that to eat gluten free can be reasonable. I'd recommend this to anyone
on 30 May 2013
I chose this book as buying gluten free foods can be expensive, there are some useful recipes in this book.