on 6 May 2015
best gun ever. shoots very far distance. friend says very good gun
on 5 April 2012
The vortex line by hasbro for Nerf Kind of disappointed me however the Nerf praxis is by far the best blaster in this line it is a "pump action shotgun" however does not have slam fire yet still can shoot relatively fast it shoots comparing to other nerf blaster's really far its one of my favourite blasters. Regarding to the seller the blaster came int two days ordering it on a sunday it was completely new and in box and was all in its original packaging great Buy I would recommend this seller.Nerf Vortex Praxis
on 3 April 2012
THIS IS AWSOME!!!!!

Good stuff: strong build
really fun shotgun like pump
accurate
light
easy to handle

Bad stuff: flimsy stock
mag of 10, little bit small, 15 would have been better
nothing else at all

The praxis is easy to use fun and simply awsome. for the price it is way way better than a barricade from the N-Strike range and better than any other price that the big shops can sell it at.

I recomend everyone to get this, oh and the proton too.

Hoped this helped and enjoy :)
on 26 August 2013
I got two Nerf Vortex guns to play with my 5 year old son outside. He doesn't really like bikes, balls and a lot of other outdoor stuff. In this respect the Nerf Vortex was a great success. He had a lot of fun with it. Sizewise it is a bit large for a 5 year old. The disc that it fires are not particularly accurate but they go quite far and they seem quite safe as they are quite light and soft. A problem is that you quicly start losing discs easily so I imagine having to buy quite a lot of them.

But what makes me upset about this toy, is a problem I have found with a lot of American toys I buy. It is simply of poor build quality. Stuff breakes too easily. You never have problems with say lego or brio toy trains breaking. They are just as good 30 years later. The Nerf Vortex Praxis on the other hand was broken the second day we used it. We did not handle it in any particular rough way so I don't think this is acceptable for a toy. Toys should be able to deal with rough handling by kids.

I will consider another one and give it a second try, because it was a lot of fun. But if it breaks again I am done with Nerf guns.
on 11 June 2014
It looks awesome and the visuals really work well,it's comfy and the priming mechanism is smooth but its performance is not at all as I expected. This part let me down. It shoots fairly far but the accuracy is terrible, it always veers to the left or right or dips with flukey spin! It really annoys me because in battles I never get a clear, straight shot😡
However I think I just have a fault in mine because in all the other videos or reviews it says it's really accurate and they recommended it. I want to send it back but I'm not sure if that is possible because everything else is quite good. In my opinion I wasted my money because I was expecting an accurate and powerful Nerf vortex praxis!!!!!
on 17 November 2011
As a twenty something man child, I bought this after seeing a few videos of it in action. I have spent the entire day using it, mostly to shoot at my significant other and best friends after inviting them round to behold this beauty, and I must say that not only does it look superb, but it is a powerful and fun to use Nerf gun.

The gun fires between 40-60ft, with decent accuracy (depends on wind due to firing discs, and angel your holding the gun), and has a unique sci-fi look which is just plain cool. Downsides I hear you cry? Well, the stock is a little flimsy and can wobble a bit, but it is more than useable, and can be detattached if you decide you really don't like it. One other thing is, the disc's seem to be a lot harder to find than the normal nerf bullets due to size and colour, and have already managed to lose one. But nothing another pack can't fix!

So overall a fun, superb gun for a great price!
on 9 January 2012
I think the praxis is a great value toy. i have had it for a week now and it has not jammed, but it has an eject switch if it does so i'm not worried.
i do agree that the stock is a little unstable, rather like on the recon cs6 but it still works.
the dics float far and are accurate indoors, i have not experienced the swerving yet because i hold it as straight as possible.
the magazine eject swicth works well and even pops it out about half a foot which is quite cool.
overall, it is well worth buying to have wars with, but the discs are easy to lose so i would reccomend a refill pack
on 26 November 2012
Bought this to partake in a fairly regular nerf war with a colleague at work. I didn't want a battery operated gun.. as I felt this was going a little too far into the realms of sad (says the 25+ year old).. so I picked this one!

Great range on it and it fires at a pretty rapid rate. The discs tend swerve a bit in the air - heading a bit to the right at first, then coming back left. However, once you get used to it - it's very accurate! When firing quickly, discs can get jammed, but there's a neat little catch on the side which sorts jams out very easily.

I only have two complaints really. Firstly the detachable stock is a bit flimsy - I usually discard it. Secondly, the 10 disc magazine is a nice and I picked up an extra one pretty cheap, but it'd be nice to be able to buy the larger magazines such as the 20-disc from the nitron or the 40 disc drum from the pyragon. Sadly they don't sell these separately and I don't want the battery operated guns!

Overall a great gun, and probably the best vortex one available!
on 25 May 2014
bought this as a present for my flatmate and I ended up using it more than he did, this is so much fun and really well made. I was worried it would be flimsy since it's a toy but it's actually very solid and robust, best thing is, even in his twenties, this is so much more than a toy to him and he has great aim not hitting me in the face...
on 26 December 2011
We have a number of Nerf guns on the go of various designs. My son was truly delighted to receive this. It certainly fires some distance and is huge fun. It's quite long and so cam only be used easily by older kids. My son is 11 but very small and the shoulder butt length is quite a struggle for him (he seems to be managing mind!). The shoulder butt also looks quite easy to snap if it should be left around carelessly and trodden or sat on, for example. GReat for older kids though.