on 6 March 2013
Like several lengthy compilations this one is a real bargain. It contains all the symphonies plus quite few orchestral extras. Although it doesn't say so, I think these are probably BIS recordings (from this orchestra and conductor). The BIS recording quality is always superb and, for me this outways any reservations about the conducting which, to me, is much more than acceptable.
6 people found this helpful
on 14 February 2014
This is a very acceptable set of recordings with a more than acceptable conductor at the helm of a very good orchestra. If you are looking for a low budget set of these symphonies you won't go wrong. Peace to all.
2 people found this helpful
on 11 November 2012
This collection must be one of the biggest bargains around from the Amazon download store! All the performances here are beautifully played and some of this conductor's finest.
4 people found this helpful
on 8 October 2014
A very well performed selection of familiar and unfamiliar Tchaikovsky orchestral work at a bargain price.
on 23 July 2013
Hot to trot. Tchaikovsky s symphonies and orchestral works all for a pittance.tremendous value and a good sound on my kindle and car stereo.
on 23 March 2016
stunning value for the money
on 19 March 2016
Very good
on 30 August 2014
If you like Tchaikovsky its good well worth the money.
on 29 September 2015
Can't say anything but average
on 29 December 2012
I was looking for some nice music to listen to earlier today, didn't fancy anything I currently had and thought I would get some of Tchaikovsky's music to listen to. I had to check about 5 times when I came across this offering that I hadn't misread it. This is a fantastic deal - over 40 tracks of beautifully played music for such a low price. Anyone that enjoys Tchaikovsky's music, or wants to give it a try (Try the overture to Romeo and Juliet or Capriccio Italien and say it's no good - I dare you!) would be well advised to grab a copy of this bargain. One of the best purchases I have made from Amazon MP3.
6 people found this helpful