on 12 December 2011
My 4 year old son absolutely loves this to bits, a must for all Thomas fans. We have a few of the take n play sets and lots of track so this has provided hours of fun for him and his sister who is 18 months old. It is easy to fold up after play which is a bonus as he has quite a collection now.
on 31 December 2011
This train set is ideal and especially if you have other die cast trains as opposed to woodern ones to accompany diesel. My almost 2 yr old girl loves it and we can take it on holiday as it folds away with a handle. Bit pricey but seems v. robust, v. easy to use and set up. Would buy again.
on 15 October 2013
We've had a lot of fun with this. Great fun with the auto-spin turn table and setting up accidents with the slope. Engines like to hide from each other behind the doors. I'd give this 5 stars if Happy Hook wasn't so 'meh' it doesn't do much and I'm asked to re-attach it far more than I would like.
As Leo Kim on YouTube suggests I've glued the legs on so they don't get lost and my son also insisted we follow his advice to colour in the details with a Sharpie 'to make it shine'.
on 12 March 2012
My daughter in law asked me to buy this for my Thomas mad 2 year old grandson, he was thrilled with it and gets a great deal of pleasure playing with it. Unlike some toys it is easy to pack away and keep together, so, all round I cannot fault it. The service from the company was good, well packed and delivered on time.
on 10 January 2013
My son has been very happy with the Dieselworks so he can play "Day of the Diesels" like in the film. As a take n play set we like the way that it folds and is neat and portable, although there are two track support towers that don't have anywhere designed for them once it is all folded up so they could get easily mislaid. Overall this is a good set, so it is a shame this design detail was overlooked. The diecast Diesel train with the set is very good.
on 3 October 2012
I read the reviews before purchasing this toy.i bought it for a two year old,he does play with it but also likes taking it to bits !!!!i think when he is a bit older he will have more imaginative play and get more from it.However he does like pushing the trains back and forth through the doors !!! Quite a robust product,so overall good purchase.Will fold up to take with you when visiting etc.
on 9 January 2013
This has been great for my 2 year 7 month old. The only very small criticism would be it doesn't fold away as easily as some of the Thomas stuff and and the stands for the track fall off. But apart from that its fine, he loves it and no doubt we'll just keep adding to our "Thomas World".
on 14 June 2012
The good bits:
- Feels mostly robust
- Turntable is lots of fun

The bad bits:
- When fully folded up doesn't stay folded up, the track at the bottom just keeps flopping out. How difficult is it to put a little clip to hold it in?
- The diesel train engine don't fit snuggly into the tracks, there's a lot of jiggle room. Means if you give it a bit of a push it has a tendency crash straight away rather than naturally roll around the track. I'm guessing this is the case for all the trains for this set of toys?
- There are a few extra bits (the green stands for sloped bit) which there's no where to stow when folded up. Why not just have some clips/pocket for them as part of the structure?
- The crane... how pointless
- It's mostly robust but some of the joints are very flimsy
on 14 May 2012
my son got this for christmas to add to his ever growing track. hes loves it, it folds up nicely too for when not in use which in all honesty is now very often. only niggle with this is the 2 track supports for hill bit, they flick off all the time in all directions which results in the hill colapsing and a mad search to try and find wherever they flew too. despite that i would reccomend this as its definatly a favourite..
on 7 December 2011
This toy looks quite durable. This was brought as a christmas toy for my 3 year old. He loves all things Thomas so this is a sure fire winner!