on 26 January 2014
Yet more famous writings regarding my Norse heritage and blood lines. If you are ever lucky to visit my homeland of Iceland, you will soon see that we all believe in Elves, Faeries, Dwarves, Spirits of Nature and much more. You will see painted and huge boulders tiny doors that were painted by a passing Icelander to allow easier access to the spirit of the rocks for Faeries when escaping the grips of the Elves. All very strange saying this to you, but go and visit and it will all make sense.
You can't visit a magical country like Iceland and not come away failing to believe that all around you there are spirits in everything of some kind or another, just because you don't see it in front of you, doesn't mean it's not there.
If you care to fill your mind with a beautifully crafted book filling your mind with all things Nordic, then I recommend this to you.
It will explain Thor and his sons and the spirit place called Asgard where the gods live and Valhalla where Vikings eventually end up.
I bet you'll be back for more after reading this hehe x
on 17 March 2015
I loved this it gives great insight into why the Vikings were able to complete all there deeds and adventures with no fear,after all how can you fear anything when you are sure you will feast with the gods after your death. I also enjoyed the latter part of the book where comparisons were made with Roman and Greek gods and you can see that these myths and legends come from one central source you could probably imagine that if Tolkien read the Eddas that this is where a lot of basic inspiration came for the Lord of the rings.
on 16 December 2013
i would like to highly recomend this book for any one who has an interest in asatru, true anglo-saxon and nordic beliefs. very informative.
on 2 October 2014
Another good read.
on 10 May 2016
Not read ye.
on 12 November 2015
The book is quite good but it was probably a mistake to buy it for kindle which is very limited for diagrams and illustrations
on 13 June 2013
It took me a while to get into the book but once I did I was unable to put it down, I have always loved Norse Myths.
on 2 May 2013
What can I say always worth investigation. Other cultures history's and faiths. To understand old belief helps us understand how different cultures evolved. Always interesting.
on 14 February 2015
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse