Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 March 2011
I bought this album today and i have to say it's one of the best compilations out at the moment every track IS a guilty pleasure however i freely admit to loving some of the songs on here like ELO's Sweet Talkin' Woman, Toto's Africa, Roachford's Cuddly Toy and Bellamy Brothers Let Your Love Flow that said every song on here is a winner they will have you singing away wherever you are hopefully there will be volume 2 shameless blameless fun get it today!!
on 28 March 2011
Have to say that all things considered many of the songs on here are timeless classics but as for calling them Guilty Pleasures? Some of these are the best tunes of all time - Don't Stop Believin by Journey, Can't Fight This Feeling - REO Speedwagon, Feels Like Heaven - Fiction Factory to name but a few. I've never had any guilt about liking these songs or ever will for that matter. To me the whole point about a Guilty Pleasure song is to like something that was at the time considered really kitsch or naff, something along the lines of "Lay Your Love On Me" by Racey, "Best Years Of Our Lives" by Modern Romance or even "If I Had You" by The Korgis or even "If I Had Words" by Scott Fitzgerald and Yvonne Keeley. Now these really are true Guilty Pleasures. To put some of the songs on this album into the category of guilt is to do them a real injustice, they are classics in themselves but there is absolutely no guilt in enjoying them at all.
on 7 April 2011
This is a great compilation but I am really annoyed by the tag "Guilty"
Why should I feel guilty because my record collection includes a large number of songs that
are on this album? Some of them in their original format.
At least this is better than a lot of the guff I hear in the charts now!
If you're after a great 80's collection of really happy, bouncy songs like
Let's Hear It For The Boys, Flashdance and Jessie's Girl you could do a lot worse than this...
Just play it at full volume and enjoy the tracks on offer because you've got
absolutely NOTHING to feel guilty about.
Great compilation, bad title!
If I felt guilty about my musical tastes, I would never have publicized them on Amazon. I've never worried about what others might think, except when in their company. It amuses me that some people are preoccupied with image and choose to like or dislike artists accordingly. One of my favorites turned 21 in prison doing life without parole, was later pardoned and became legendary. I judge on the music alone.

This is an excellent pop/rock compilation featuring tracks from the eighties plus some from the late seventies. I already had some of these tracks elsewhere, but fewer than I expected. There are some like S-s-single bed that I had not heard for many years, while there are others that I might have heard but don't remember, such as She's like the wind. Some tracks I prefer to others, which is to be expected, but I don't feel embarrassed to own any of them.

So .... An excellent set covering the period from the mid-seventies to the end of the eighties. I plead not guilty.
on 28 April 2014
Found this album after looking for a track currently used on a Costa Tassimo advert - it is so so good!! Downloaded it immediately and it is full of some classics that may have been overlooked or forgotten. Real feel good songs. If you love the 80s and love a bit of good cheese buy this you wont be disappointed.
on 14 April 2014
Having read the playlist I knew I would like this cd and it really does live up to it's name!
Great to play when you're driving along, singing along to those songs from your past with the kids cringing in the back lol.
Very easy to listen to and makes you smile.
on 4 January 2013
Great Album with lots of tracks that remind me of younger days. I could list the songs I like but most people will have their own opinions. What I like about this collection is that it has some songs on it that you don't always get on such albums. For example Fox's S-S-S-Single bed. Its hard to get this song on a CD away from this one and I could not find it on I tunes.
on 30 September 2011
Was looking for some new music to jog to and saw this

Great stuff - brought back a few memories and I never realised I could remember the words !

Took a while to reach me - was just beginning to wioder if the CD was lost when it arived, but glad that I have it
on 7 March 2013
A fantastic compilation of some great songs that will transport you back in time. Guilty Pleasures always produce a quality selection of tracks.
on 20 May 2012
This is a real trip down memory lane, good background music and you find your toes tapping to the electronic hits of the 70's and 80's. enjoy