Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Depeche Mode Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 1 April 2014
I like the mesh back - it is breathable, which was one of my main criteria for a chair. The lumbar support is hard, however it does make me sit better and not slouch, which is an improvement over my previous chair. Sadly that's where the good bits end.

The gas lift is nowhere near robust enough and as a result I find my chair just drops for no apparent reason (I weigh 14 stone, so not like I should be too heavy for the chair). The gas lift also wobbles, such that I have more than an inch of movement in any direction, which I have never experienced in any gas lift chair before.

The padding for the seat, whilst initially seems a good firm foam, actually is not all that comfortable and just compresses flat so I still have a numb bum, and as a result I have 2 extra cushions on my chair to help.

As another reviewer mentioned, the arms must be at a peculiar height, and whilst adjustable, I still find I get a slightly stiff neck and shoulders.

Overall, I would have to say that for the money it is not too bad, but it is disappointing, and if you are used to more expensive office chairs you won't be pleased.

As of may 2014, (4 months after purchase) I have given up using the chair, due to lack of comfort from the seat, excessive wobbling on the gas lift, and the fact the gas lift drops of it's own accord (1 per week or thereabouts).

I am very disappointed with the chair, and seeing that it has nearly doubled in price, I would not recommend it. I wish I had taken notice of some of the other critical reviews, they were not wrong.
11 Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 December 2013
I bought the chair to replace an older broken computer chair for playing video games and using my computer. I have low back pain so looked for a lumbar supporting chair. Ive had it for two months now.

Positives
It was relatively cheap.
It was easily put to together within 15 minutes.
The padding on the seat is soft

Negatives
The mesh back for the chair seems to be too straight and stiff for my liking.
Doesn't recline in the slightest.
I didn't even know it came with adjustable arm rests which can be loud at times as they rattle when moved.
The adjustable lumbar support is a small fixture in the back which can be moved only 2 inches up or down.

Although there are more negatives than positives. If you can overlook the problems that I had, this will be an excellent purchase.
22 Comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 October 2014
I have had a few adjustable chairs in my time but this one takes the biscuit. I had only had it 6 months before the gas adjuster started to play up. Occasionally it would go down, loose gas, for no good reason. As the last six months that have passed it has steadily got worse and now spends more time down than up. It would be nice if the supplier would send me a new gas unit as I am sure that they are supposed to last longer than this. My suggestion is not to buy this but buy another brand of chair. My previous chair lasted me ten years before anything started to go wrong with it. So this chair is not necomended.
on 20 November 2014
This chair lasted about 4 months before the sponge in the seat got hard and offered no cushioning. I put up with this as i didn't use it much and it was mostly used by my kids when the were surfing and i wanted to discourage them from spending too much time on the computer. Now however I have also realized that the height adjust doesn't stay up and even if there is no one using it the chair goes down on its own. This chair is now 10 moths old and I would say it would not have lasted 3 months if it had been my main desk chair, I know this was cheep but i purchased a chair for £30 more 6 years ago and it is still fine.
on 26 January 2014
OK Chair for the money. Strut tube is a loose fit where it fits into the base causing slight wobble. East to remedy if you have a better quality strut in an older chair to swop-out. Now two months on the plastic base has a 3cm long crack under the leg cushion. I never expected the plastic to split!! Just bound to be longer with time! I wouldn't buy another one.
on 18 November 2013
I had been needing a new chair for a while, and looking around I wasn't entirely sure which would suit my needs since I work as a software developer and can be sat in the chair for 12+ hours a day. I needed a chair which was well made and comfortable - this chair is both.

For the price, I honestly can't fault the chair and quite frankly, I would happily have payed a lot more and still given it a 5 star review. The mesh backing and the bottom cushion are extremely comfortable even after extended periods of time sat in the chair. A worry for me was that the cushion may not be quite as big as in the photo and may wear down quickily to the hard base of the chair - this is not the case, it's big enough (in depth) that i'm convinced this chair will last a long time.

As for assembly I put it up in my 30 minute lunch break and was using it at the end, everything is provided with the chair that's needed to assembly it and while I've never found the pictographic assembly instructions for most products all that helpful, these were plenty good enough to make it obvious where things ought to go.

I would recommend this chair to anyone, I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with this chair.
on 14 May 2016
Amazon alerted me to this excellent design being offered at a tremendous recuction.

The chair arrived puncually even though the carrier had to handle the 15kg a fair distance because of road works. This extra effort deserves recognition. Thank you.

With a carefully prepared assembly kit and very clear illustrated instructions the chair was safely assembled using the single assembly tool provided, an Allen Key. (Keep this safely with the assembly instructions for the three monthly fourteen bolt Health and Safety check)

This chair meets all the strictest design standards and fire regulations. It is ergonomically excellent, and will give years of reliable use.

I have installed the chair in my compact studio apartment and the design lines are handsome and practical.

This is a satisfying purchase.
review image
on 4 July 2012
Great looking, amazing value, easy to assemble chair. Comfortable, very supportive lumbar support. Highly recommended. I have purchased this brand before and they seem to offer good value for money.
on 6 October 2014
DO NOT BUY the contents list on the instructions show 3 different sizes of bolts/screws but there are only 2 sizes supplied so when you try fixing the back of the chair with the 4 remaining bolt screws they are too short to locate the screw holes. So UNABLE TO ASSEMBLE.
on 10 November 2016
This chair has been a disappointment unfortunately.

On first impressions when constructed it felt slightly lopsided, assuming it was my fault I took apart and reassembled but still pretty much the same. a few days of sitting slightly to an angle seemed to level this out! It was then a good comfortable chair for 4 months but since then the gas height adjustment has developed a preference for being in the lower position! Reading recent reviews I am not alone in this. The padding also is not as long lasting as you would expect from a quality chair and after 10 months is showing signs of wear.

Other than that it could have been a very good chair but I would liek a chair that is going to last me years as opposed to months

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling • Lowest Price