on 30 April 2011
Dan Gookin's own advice, about his book on word 2007, is invaluable. 'Don't read this book from cover to cover, but rather use it as a reference book when problems arise,' he says. This is how I have used it and it has greatly assisted me in creating far more presentable documents and letters, than I would have been able to create in the past. It's particularly useful for the beginner, who wants to know very basic things about Word 2007, such as how to alter line spacing, how to view a word count, or even how the change the case of words that should perhaps all be in capitals as opposed to lower case. The index is a vital starting point, especially for absolute beginners, and in the vast majority of the problems I've had, I've simply looked a key word up there, and found the answer to my problem at once. It also has signposts to guide less experienced users away from stuff they probably don't need (or want) to know. At 7.50 it's a steal.
on 15 May 2011
A down to earth in plain English book about something many of us use but don't understand. It is an eye opener with a jokey slant to it. It's not heavy and put there to make you think this bloke is clever and he's taking the P*ss out of you. He is actually helping you and that makes him and the book.....excellent. Thank you. I have bought 3 more books for dummies on related subjects on the strength of this book and author.
on 18 December 2013
As it said it is a book for dummies in the worst possible way. couldn't find a thing I was looking for, and when I did it just confused me even more. I could use the version of word before 2007 and thought this would give me an insite into this new version. it was the worst mistake i did spending my money on this book.
I don't even think that if your were a complete new user of window's that you would understand this book.
on 2 October 2016
Really good quality
on 7 February 2011
This book is an excellent guide to Word 2007 it gives clear instructions and shows many screen shots to clarify the written instructions. It is quite a wide book, 18 cm so the instructions and screenshots are big enough for you to see clearly, unlike some narrower books. With 500 pages it covers every possible area that you need to know[[ASIN:059652739X Word 2007: The Missing Manua for Word 2007. I would definitely recommend it.
on 28 November 2016
Extremely good condition and delivered quite quickly. A bargain - plain and simple. Thanks!
on 4 August 2015
Was in excellent condition and is written in a easy to understand way
on 12 March 2014
A useful book if you are using Windows 7. Generally easy to understand though sometimes all its tips etc do not work.
on 26 September 2014
Just the thing for Word 2007. As my Mother used to say "Suck it and see". Pity Word 2007 in now obsolete.
on 2 February 2013
We all know the format of the dummies books so no comment needed there, however it was described as used but I don't think it has ever been opened. Excellent value and first class service. Delivered in only a few days. Very satisfied