Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£8.54

on 17 April 2013
I bought this as I was a great fan of the your baby week-by-week book and wanted something similar when that came to an end. However, I have been very disappointed with it. Apart from anything else, it does assume that you have a textbook baby who is sleeping 8-12 hours a night at 6 months and who is moving onto solids in a predictable way - probably with purees (though baby led weaning is discussed). I guess babies after 6 months vary a great deal more than they do before 6 months and this guide is too simplistic to encompass all the different ways in which babies progress. The advice about any food and sleep related problems is very basic as is advice about when to seek medical help, again, I just think there is too much variation and the book does not have the scope to address it. I have ended up buying separate books for specific problems as this only gave a very gliding overview of how to deal with things like sleep problems. I just don't think that the original format works for this age group and you may end up feeling like a bad parent because your little one is still waking up every 3 hours in the night and is having 6 milk feeds a day by 9 months. And even worse than that, this book will give you no clue as to how to rectify the situation.
on 24 July 2011
Each month is only a few pages long, making it quick and easy for busy parents to read. The advice given is practical and common sense!!
on 4 April 2011
I had bought Your Baby Week by Week which is an essential also but was disappointed when it ended at 6 months and I had to wait for the next unstallment (this book). Follows the same format as te first book, easy to read when you get a minute, and index for specific problems. Gives invaluable advice on everything and also tells you what to expect next! The only books to have! Buy them both!!
on 4 August 2011
Wish I had seen the baby book, this was recommended by a friend and is very easy/quick to read with great tips, would buy the first book as well if had another child
on 21 July 2011
Brilliant for first time Mum's. I've read it a couple of times and find it so usefull I refer back to it all the time. It's packed full of practical advise and tips. The first book "your baby week by week" is brilliant too.
on 23 June 2011
Loved the first book and used it all the time, a must have for all new mums, this is equally as helpful and easy to read sections.
on 20 March 2011
I was a fan of Your Baby Week By Week and really missed it when my baby reached 6 months old so was delighted to hear that this sequel has been produced.

It's written in a friendly, non-preachy fashion offering bags of useful advice in sensibly organised, bite-size chunks. There are reinforcing reminders throughout the book. I liked the Trouble-shooting and What's Happening to Mum and Dad sections.
on 13 July 2012
I bought this after reading the first book 'Your Baby Week by Week', I have found both books a useful reference guide being a new mum.
The baby to toddler month by month is great for knowing how much my baby should be eating and where she should be up to development wise. The authors clearly state that this is just a guide and all babies are different but I have found it very reassuring to know that my baby is on the right lines!! I would recommend both books!
on 1 April 2011
It's a good, easy-to-read guide. Very easy to 'dip into' with a user-friendly chapter format so you can flick straight to the bit you want to read. In my opinion, much more helpful than some of the weightier tomes on the market!
on 21 June 2016
I absolutely love this book! I'm a first time mama living in London, so reading a book by authors who are based in the UK was really good first of all because sometimes they discuss certain things that refers to the UK like hospitals, midwifes, medicines etc. I first bought their Week to Week book and loved it so much I had to continue with the Month by Month book, and now that my daughter is 2 and half we have their Potty Training for Girls book too. I just found it so easy and quick to read. So easy to follow. I bought my copy on Kindle so I was able to highlight and save sections I thought were really helpful. You don't have to read the entire book either, lets face it nobody with kids has time to do anything never mind sitting and reading an entire book, so this was brilliant - going from chapter to chapter.
I highly recommend and have recommended these books. My sister and a close friend also bought their books. You can use it at your leisure and a lose guide or you can use it as your baby bible. Either way these ladies (in my opinion) know what they're taking about!