Customer reviews

on 8 December 2015
For the price I paid (£3.29) it is brilliant when compared to other knives with plastic handles. In other words the cheaper end of the market. However if you do not regularly have to chop down the mightiest tree in the forest or slay zombie hoards with one slash of the knife then this will probably meet your day to day needs. I go camping but I don't need an enormous, American, Klingon style, killing blade which would be illegal in the UK anyway. Check out some Hultafors reviews on Youtube. I saw them AFTER I bought my first Hultafors knife. This is my second.

Just bear in mind that this model is a safety knife so no sharp point. This makes opening boxes etc a bit difficult. Good for cutting cordage, wood and plastics and holds an edge quite well. I managed to slice my finger testing the edge, not something I normally do.

Yes, with an extra sharpen I can slice an upright sheet of A4 paper into tiny shreds if I really, really want to.
on 14 May 2015
I am a big fan of simple solid construction, particularly when it comes to sharp implements, I find that gimmick-free is safest and most reliable. This knife fits my preferences perfectly. It is sharp straight from the box and looks easy to re-hone when necessary. The back could be better-finished, but at the price that barely rates a mention.
My one pre-purchase worry that it is not secured within the sheath proved true but unimportant, as it clicks home quite securely and shows no sign of coming out by accident. While I understand Blade Runner's concern at the lack of a lanyard hole I imagine it wouldn't be hard to make one if needed, and I personally like the lack of places for dirt to hide, all down to individual priorities I guess.
It makes me wonder how other makers can justify their massively higher prices.
on 14 October 2015
I bought this for £3 as part of Amazon's Add-on program and am delighted with it! When you think of what you can get for £3 these days the word quality doesn't normally spring to mind, Hultafors somehow managed to pull it off. Great fixed stainless steel blade, rounded tip being a safety blade, comfortable handle which makes using the knife all the easier and a plastic holster that is s great fit to the knife. The blade has a really nice thickness to it and seems to hold it's edge well. So far I've used the Hultafors SK for splitting wood, basic whittling and opening parcels and it does the job. Highly recommend this item and at this price it's a steal!

Video
on 1 May 2015
This is a good knife. It is sharp out of the box (you could get it sharper, but for hacking at things, why would you)? The blade is a bit shorter than expected but for little hands (7 year old...under supervision) this is a good size, but the knife fells strong and robust. The sheath does the job. I would fear the knife dropping out and being lost if you are vigorous and not careful, but it keeps the sharp edge away from prying fingers.

The quality is good, but it does reflect the price. The back edge of the blade is not finished so you can see where/how the blade was stamped out from a blank, but this is part of the price and shows kids how the knife was made.

I would expect this knife to last many years, even with the abuse I am sure it will suffer.
on 21 April 2015
This is a very good quality basic functional knife, it has no point for safety and while this does prevent use for a couple of things, it is a very good knife, the blade is very sharp and well honed so it can be kept sharp easily, the sheath is very basic plastic which is good for the tool box as it avoids cuts. the handle is quite nice to hold and gives a good grip, you will find it hard to lose with the bright yellow handle.
I paid very little for the knife, and have to say it was a real bargain.
on 4 July 2015
Excellent......I use it for gardening. The manufacturers would probably have a fit but it is ideal for weeding in the rockery where I don't need a sharp tip (the end is rounded on this model although the edge is nice and sharp). I've also used it for scraping spilled paint off the patio. A hard working and functional sheath knife. Use it as a general purpose work or camping knife. The handle is a little garish but that does mean I can find it again.
on 14 April 2015
Bought this for cutting turf but now I do not want to abuse it so badly . Mine came with a really great edge . Perfect proportions for large hands . Will never spend big money on a knife now I know these exist . Sheath is secure and easy to plop the knife in without any fiddling . Perfect everyday knife . Not many true bargains but this is one .
2 people found this helpful
on 22 February 2012
I bought this and a Mora Neverlost at 4 times the price on the same day. Having now used both for about a month, the Hultafors is by far my favorite. It has kept its amazingly sharp edge well, even after using it to split sticks for tinder. The blade thickness and saftey tip make it a good knife for prying, although that's probably not recomended as I found out today when I stuck myself with my Mora when using it for this purpose. The Hultafors has not suffered from the blade nicks that the Mora has when using it for things it wasn't really designed to do. All it all it is a fantastic knife, hard wearing, great edge, carbon steel so can be used with a fero rod for firelighting and at price that hides the quality. To get this high quality at such a low price seems so wrong but I won't complain, thinking of buying a few more to ensure I alway have one around when I need one.
10 people found this helpful
on 29 October 2015
It arrived early I ordered this after I had already ordered the stainless craftman knife I wanted for fishing plus I have a mora 511, at the price I paid less than £5 including delivery it was a bargain. I've read reviews saying it was basic but my hultafors SK is better in finish & quality then the mora knife so I recommend this knife its strong sharp plus the price is so good
on 7 June 2015
I got this for my 6 year old to teach him basic knife skills and start him on a journey I to bushcraft this knife out performs alot of my more expensive knives realy easy to Sharpe holds an edge fir a long time it has a nice 90 o spine great for ferrocirrium rod scrapeing and tinder processing the rounded tip makes it really safe and the sheath although basic holds the knife really well no slipping out ECT ect